Chapter 39: Longevity.

The pain of the tattoo was long and did not subside in a short duration.

His eyelashes were wet and heavy with sweat.

He frowned and looked in the bronze mirror. The faint blue flowers were blooming along the tail of his vertebrae. On the side were two back dimples, like honey fruits falling between the flowers.

The Demon Lord's hand held his waist, making him look back and his warm breath sprayed on his shoulders and neck.

"Senior Immortal, do you like the flower I left for you?"

He was so tired that he didn't even want to move a finger. He rested on the Demon Lord's chest, and muttered: "What kind of flower is this?"

"Longevity flower."

He said: "I've never seen this kind of flower before..."

The Demon Lord laughed slowly: "Of course you have never seen it. This is the most beautiful flower I found from those 'memories'."

He was startled.

After spending many years with the Demon Lord, he knew what the other party meant by "memories".

The origin of the Demon Lord has always been a mystery.

He seemed to be born out of nowhere, and as soon as he was born, he had unrivalled control of the demonic sect and cultivated the nine-turn celestial demon body that had not been successfully cultivated for hundreds of years.

The world was both fearful and awe-inspired by the Demon Lord, so no one dared to ask about him.

Only he knows.

The Demon Lord came from the Demon Abyss.

This is what the Demon Lord personally told him.

The Demon Lord said that he was born in the Demon Abyss, a monster that crawled out from there.

Within the Demon Abyss, there was countless darkness and filth deposited from the human world, as well as the evil thoughts of resentful souls and countless evil things. They swallowed each other and fought for the right to "live".

In order to "live", the Demon Lord absorbed countless souls and evil things. At the same time, he absorbed the memories remaining in these evil things.

The Demon Lord once told him jokingly that he was born as a demon, a natural monster, and asked him if he was afraid.

But he only felt that it was a miracle that the other party was able to retain his self-consciousness with so many evil thoughts and memories, instead of becoming an irrational monster.

Although the Demon Lord did not say it clearly, he assumed that the memories of those resentful souls and evil things should be filled with chaos and killing, which would make a normal soul go crazy.

Every month of the full moon, the Demon Lord's loss of control also demonstrated this.

But now the Demon Lord said that he found the most beautiful flower for him in those bloody and chaotic memories.

He felt the tips of his ears become a little hot. He turned his head, no longer looking at the amazingly gorgeous flower.

The Demon Lord reluctantly said: "I am the only one in this world who can give you flowers like this. Senior Immortal, you haven't told me whether you like it or not."

He was teased so hard that he pursed his lips. Without answering the Demon Lord's question, he whispered: "How do you know that there would be no second person in the world to give me such a flower?"