Chapter 127: Clamor.

The Demon Lord chuckled in his ears and asked, "What does Tonggui mean?"

He got too close. Ye Yunlan's ears numbed, and a slight blush etched his face. He was silent momentarily, then replied in a low voice: "The great dao, three thousand years, different paths lead to the same goal. Regardless of the righteous dao and the demon dao, I hope you can travel smoothly and peacefully, and one day, you will see the ultimate dao."

The Demon Lord: "Oh? I thought Master meant he wanted to return together, hand in hand."

Ye Yunlan's face reddened even more. He was born white, so the bit of color on his cheeks was particularly conspicuous, resembling a peach blossom falling on his face and analogous to ripe pink peach, making people want to take a bite.

For a long while, he did not argue.

The Demon Lord held his hand, intertwined their fingers, and pressed him against the stone pillar. He kissed and bit him as if he verily regarded himself as a newly crowned adult youth, and the excitement still hadn't passed.

The two of them played and lay on the grass. Grass and petals stained their shirts, and the drizzle wetted their cheeks and hair.

The Demon Lord embraced him and smiled like an innocent child.

"Master, I'm so happy today."

Ye Yunlan looked at his face with a living aura, and the hostility entangling his eyebrows under the sun seemed to have dissipated a lot. A smidge of bright light touched his bloody eyes.

A slight hazy mist seemed to engulf Ye Yunlan's golden eyes, and he sounded a soft "en."

The Demon Lord's eyes curved, and he carried him up.

"Let's go to the woods to hide from the rain," he said.

Ye Yunlan frowned slightly, a little wary.

They only needed to return to the palace for rain shelter, but the Demon Lord was insistent on going to the woods to do so.

He thought of last night. The Demon Lord had asked him to go to the high building, also stating he wished to behold the stars.

"Even if the exercises are beneficial to your cultivation base, you can't practice too much and advance rashly," he said.

The Demon Lord kissed his cheek and said:

"We won't practice today. Just relax. Treat it as Master's reward for me being finally crowned as an adult, okay?"

Ye Yunlan said blankly: "You are nearly half a hundred years old." Time passed differently in the Immortal Boat compared to the outside world. The Demon Lord would be already older than his physical body's age today if it was only according to his corporeal body's age.

The Demon Lord said earnestly: "I just became an adult. Just now."

So the man who had just grown up hurriedly carried him into the woods to hide from the rain.

The air in the woods was remarkably humid. His back was against a tree, and the bark was somewhat rough. It was moderately painful when it rubbed against his back.

But it was not intolerable.

He breathed out softly.

His body couldn't touch the ground, and he kept sliding down.

There was a sense of weightlessness and falling in the clouds.

Then, he was thrown high in the sky by a huge wave.

He heard the rain patter encompassing him, gentle wind, and light birdsong in the waves.

The viscous drops fell on a white anemone beside the tree trunk.