Chapter 106: Love and Hate.

The bones in the coffin were overflowing with golden brilliance.

Ancient qi blanketed this underground palace, making blood pump in his body.

The world didn't know if the Divine Phoenix had ascended.

Some said that the Divine Phoenix had ascended successfully, so no more traces existed on earth. Some said it didn't. However, thousands of years have passed, yet the Divine Phoenix's corpse remained undiscovered. Thus, opinions differed, and there was no definite answer.

But now, the Divine Phoenix's corpse was ​​here.

The uncanny attraction that Ye Yunlan had felt since entering the Ancient God Ruins was too intense to disregard.

Chen Weiyuan had a merry expression, and a scorching light was flashing in his eyes as if he was waiting for Ye Yunlan's praise.

Ye Yunlan didn't comment on the Divine Phoenix's bones at all.

He only looked at Chen Weiyuan coldly. "What exactly are you trying to do? Where is Xu Zice?"

The Seven Emotion Needles in his soul began to hurt, ill-timed. However, he had always been accustomed to endurance, and his face didn't expose any clues.

Chen Weiyuan sighed, "Naturally, I just want you to stop suffering." He displayed a compassionate look, "For hundreds of years, you were all alone in the world. But when you think of me, the Seven Emotions Needle would be agonizing. Even if I go to the yellow springs, it will be unbearable."

He paused, then said: "Don't worry, I didn't hurt your friend. I just sent him out of the secret realm. Speaking of which, your friend is an important person in the future, so I dare not to hurt him."

Ye Yunlan's eyebrows jumped.

"Chen Weiyuan, you must take yourself too seriously. The road I have traveled and the distress and suffering I've endured are all my own choices. What are your qualifications to intervene?"

His expression was veiled under the cold mask. He held out queying in front of his body.

The cold blade was honed, prime to shoot out at any time.

Chen Weiyuan acted as if he didn't sense it. He only warmly said: "Yunlan, you and I are husband and wife, so why have your daggers drawn?" A peculiar gentleness and fervent determination were on his face, "Whether you admit it or not, more than one hundred years have passed, and you still love me deeply from our past life to this life."

Ye Yunlan: "Shut up."

"Does it hurt?" Chen Weiyuan asked, "The Seven Emotions Needles suppress the root of love. The more it hurts, the more you love me. Yunlan, no matter what, you have no way to refute this."

His handsome and gentle face illustrated a cruel expression.

"Think about your previous life, that person you valued so much. Ultimately, you couldn't fall in love with him from beginning to end. Now, you're searching for the demon bones for him to break his calamity——but have you forgotten all the sufferings you bore in the demonic palace back then? Yunlan, have you ever loved him?"

"Senior Immortal, do you love me?"

In the gloomy and dark demon palace, the candlelight faintly swayed. The heavy curtain collapsed, and the sticky incense burned quietly.

The chains were shaking.

A muffled cry accompanied the crashing sound.

The Demon Lord's eyes were burgundy, and when he looked down at him, it was like he would shed blood and tears at any time. His powerful arms embraced him deeply as if to crush him into his abdomen. He repeatedly asked him the same question.