Chapter 95: Gifts.

The wind blew on the bells on the door, and bamboo rustled in the distance.

He Lanze: "In this trial of the Law Enforcement Hall, Rong Ran murdered his fellow disciples and tried to blame his crimes on Martial Nephew Shen. Senior Brother will fairly hear the case and severely punish him. Junior Brother, you can be assured with Senior Brother in charge."

Senior Brother He Lanze wielded the punishment sword. Therefore, he was the chief among the Law Enforcement Hall disciples.

His words and attitude practically determined the crime's attribution.

Ye Yunlan wasn't affected. He didn't even show the slight happiness He Lanze had imagined.

His face was still pale, and his eyes seemed to look far away.

"If you hold the punishment sword, the weight of the sect disciples will burden you. Since that's the case, Senior Brother, you shouldn't have come to my residence today if you really want a fair trial without bias."

He Lanze heard this and thought that he made Ye Yunlan worry. He explained hurriedly: "The evidence of what Rong Ran did has been confirmed and will be heard in court. No one will help his schemes, the trial has been settled, and the wicked will be punished. There will be no suspicion toward my present visit. But why is Junior Brother..." Why was there no joy in his eyes? Why was he indifferent?

"The wicked will be punished..." Ye Yunlan murmured, the fatigue among his features deepening.

He said, "Senior Brother, I'm a little tired. I'll see you in the Law Enforcement Hall in nine days."

He Lanze wanted to say something, but he suddenly heard a rush of footsteps. A disciple shouted, "Senior Brother Ye? Is Senior Brother Ye there?" He Lanze looked back, discovering the person who came was wearing a law enforcement robe; his subordinate.

"Yutang, why are you so anxious?" He Lanze asked solemnly.

As soon as Xue Yutang walked over, he saw Senior Brother's respectful face. His heart shook.

Everyone in the Law Enforcement Hall knew this Senior Brother's personality was clean and upright. He was merciless toward disciples who've made mistakes. When one entered the Law Enforcement Hall, very few could come out. Just the mention of his name was frightening.

Xue Yutang quickly bowed his head and saluted, "Greetings to Senior brother." After hesitating momentarily, he continued, "There's a problem with the water prison. The guy surnamed Rong has been clamoring to meet Senior Brother Ye, saying he has something serious to tell him."

He Lanze coldly asked, "Why didn't you report this to me first?"

Xue Yutang: "The guy surnamed Rong said he's the Sect Lord's direct disciple and wasn't convicted yet, so he has the right to invite Senior Brother Ye..."

He Lanze snorted coldly, "No matter who he is, he should abide by the Law Enforcement Hall rules when entering the Law Enforcement Hall." Thinking of the other person beside him, he turned his head and asked for Ye Yunlan's opinion, "Junior Brother, are you going to see him?"

Ye Yunlan: "No."

He Lanze nodded slightly, then said to Xue Yutang: "Did you hear that? Go back, and don't bother Junior Brother's rest again."

"Yes."

Xue Yutang didn't dare to continue speaking. When he got the order, he turned and left. He Lanze looked at Ye Yunlan's pale complexion and sighed softly, "Senior Brother will not delay Junior Brother from resting. Your injury..."

Ye Yunlan: "It's okay. Senior Brother doesn't have to worry."

He Lanze had no choice but to leave.

When Shen Shu came back, he heard the sound of qin from the bamboo building.