Chapter 56: Applying Medicine.

Ye Yunlan stood under the purple cloud tree. Although his complexion was still pale, his ear tips showed a tinge of red.

He said: "...Enough."

Shen Shu tilted his head, curled his thin lips, and said: "Is Master not going to check me thoroughly to see if there is any demonic qi contamination? How could you do a thorough check if I don't take it all off?" As he said this, he raised his hand to his waist.

Ye Yunlan pursed his lips. The youth's body was very young and not yet fully grown.

Although he was young, he had developed the physique of an adult man due to years of cultivating martial arts. Thin muscles covered his whole body, and every place was full of power, ready to be unleashed. This was especially the case when the clothes were not removed. A huge shadow can be vaguely seen, which was almost intimidating.

Seeing Shen Shu stretch out his hand to remove the clothes, Ye Yunlan finally couldn't bear it: "Demonic energy can pass through wounds on a cultivator's body. If you are not injured, there is no need to check."

After that, before Shen Shu could speak, his pale face was the first to turn red.

Shen Shu stopped moving.

He didn't actually want to take it off, he only couldn't help but want to tease this person a bit. He just wanted to teach this person not to look at him coldly.

... But he was not unwilling to actually take it off in front of this person.

Shen Shu threw the hair crown in his hand into the pile of clothes and said with a smile: "Disciple is not injured, Master does not have to worry. Please check the remaining places, Master."

Seeing that Shen Shu no longer moved arbitrarily, Ye Yunlan slowly stepped forward.

After being injured by the divine fire, his eyesight was limited. He would have blurry vision if he looked from a distance. This may have been why he misunderstood Shen Shu when he saw him come out of the ascension steps.

There were many small wounds on Shen Shu's body. The price he had paid for climbing to the top within ten days was definitely not small.

When Ye Yunlan examined him, his frown tightened. He grabbed Shen Shu's shoulders, making him turn around, then raised his hand to brush away Shen Shu's long black hair strewn on his back.

A long and narrow scar was revealed.

The scar stretched across Shen Shu's back, from shoulder to waist. Although the wound was long, it was extremely narrow, as if it was cut by a very sharp blade.

He said in a deep voice: "How did this injury come about?"

Shen Shu saw Ye Yunlan's awareness on it, and sighed lightly: "This is the injury I accidentally suffered from when I fought with the demonic soul."

Like water, Ye Yunlan's face sank. "Tell me in detail."

Shen Shu was silent for a moment, then said: "The demonic soul I met was a demon cultivator of the Heavenly Demon Sect from three thousand years ago. It had a strong cultivation base and became a demonic soul after death, lurking for thousands of years on the ascension steps. It used geomantic geography to arrange a phantom array to look for a suitable physical body to seize."

"I was the 'prey' of that demonic soul."

"The phantom array arranged by the demonic soul was silent and quiet. It silently intruded into my mind and wanted to consume my soul when I was unaware."

"If it wasn't..." He paused. A dark color flashed across his eyes before he continued, "If it weren't for these ten thousand years and the power of the demonic soul being consumed by the power of heaven and earth, it would have succeeded."