Chapter 77: Sin (Part 1)

Warn?

Ye Yunlan's footsteps stiffened for an instant, and his pale knuckles squeezed Queying tightly.

He said coldly: "...You're thinking too much."

Shen Shu didn't ask more after hearing that, but the corners of his lips slightly curved. There was a bit of cunningness in his smile.

The singing in the darkness suddenly became louder.

The song was distant and ethereal, as if it came from the past, separated from life and death. The song's melody was sad. However, it attracted people to listen to it constantly, as if it could give them eternal peace.

A faint green firelight first lit up the dark. Then, everything began to manifest itself slowly.

A world completely different from the one just then appeared before the two's eyes.

Departed spirits filled the sky, flashing as ghostly green soul fire, while a road of white bones winded forward from under their feet. At the end was a huge and magnificent white bone hall.

The white bone hall was very peculiar, full of the rough taste of ancient times.

The big door of the hall opened to both sides, and the sad and ethereal song came from it.

At this moment, Ye Yunlan heard a "click" sound.

He turned his head and looked. The "door" behind him -the one they had walked through when they came in- had quietly closed as if it had never existed before.

The wind blew by, bringing white confetti flying all over the sky.

Confetti floated over their heads like a galaxy. He saw that they were mixed with huge paper-folded houses, paper figures with hollow features, and messy paper furniture. It meandered to the hall of bones.

"Master, could this place still be...the Illusory Realm?"

Shen Shu asked.

It seemed that only the word "illusion" could explain such a strange scene.

Ye Yunlan did not answer immediately.

Looking at the white bone hall, he vaguely saw some indescribable powers from there, which were similar to the power he had in the previous life of his Void Tracing Realm. However, it was more vast, disordered, and adrift.

He took out a heart-clearing charm and crushed it to pieces. The charm's effect did not dispel the strange sight in front of him.

When he closed his eyes, he felt that the surrounding things were illusory and unreal as if they were still in the illusion. However, it was a little different compared with the previous illusion.

Ye Yunlan remembered his previous life. When he had entered the Netherworld Secret Realm, his cultivation base was still low, and there were many things his lacking vision at the time couldn't spy. But now, there was a little speculation.

Ye Yunlan: "Perhaps."

Shen Shu: "Perhaps?"

Ye Yunlan: "The first level of the entire Netherworld Secret Realm is originally composed of different illusions, big and small. The illusion arrays are connected to each other, almost occupying 90% of the entire first level of the secret realm. You saying that this place is also where the illusion realm is not surprising."

Shen Shu listened with interest, then suddenly asked: "How does the Master know all this? I remember that the Netherworld Secret Realm opened not long ago. We are still considered the first group of people to enter here. From the beginning, we are just like headless flies."