Chapter 117: Marriage.

Shen Shu stopped talking.

Ye Yunlan patted him gently on his back, and his long eyes stared at the empty spot on the ground, slightly disordered.

For Shen Shu, this disciple, he always had no way to be entirely cruel.

Wrong.

Shen Shu wasn't just his disciple.

Even more, he was his...lover from his previous life.

He couldn't define the word 'love' clearly.

The Change Sentiment Curse had removed all his love and desires. He couldn't discern his own likes and dislikes purely based on love and desires. Most of the time, reason preceded emotion, and rules were above impulse.

Perhaps because of this, he still couldn't tell the difference between the previous life's Demon Lord and this life's Shen Shu clearly.

It was hard to distinguish too clearly but also not.

There was always an invisible shackle in his heart, reminding him of the distance between life and death and teaching him not to get used to the temperature of life in this world.

But Shen Shu had done a lot for him over the years. As far as he was concerned, was he really untouched?

And falling in love with him like in his previous life, did Shen Shu make a mistake?

He thought.

No.

It's just...

Ye Yunlan's hand stopped rubbing Shen Shu's back.

Only.

He was silent for a long time before he broke it.

"You don't have to lock me up. I will stay with you here and not leave again." He whispered, "This time, it is true."

Shen Shu's state was obviously already a little abnormal.

He knew little about the backlash of the Nine-Turn Celestial Demon Body. It was an eminently wicked technique that relied on the grievances and immoral thoughts of devouring evil spirits to strengthen oneself. However, as long as one cultivated this kind of demonic cultivation, nothing would end well. The Demon Lord of his previous life was the only person who had cultivated this technique to Immortalization, and he still suffered backlashes on full moon nights. However, in this life, Shen Shu arrived at the Immortalization level of the Nine-Turn Celestial Demon Body much earlier than in his previous life.

He had forcibly and quickly raised his realm. Thus, there would inevitably be a price.

He needed to look after Shen Shu.

Whether the Demon Bone, Demon Star, or something else came to this world, as long as he had not died one day, anyone who wanted to hurt Shen Shu would have to cross the sword in his hand.

For each day he was still alive in this world, he would take care of Shen Shu for one day.

Just like what Shen Shu did to him in his previous life.

...Except for the dual cultivation and human furnace matter.

Only with this matter, he still...couldn't accept it.

"Believe it or not, the thing I wanted to retrieve from Chen Weiyuan back then was about your future life."

Ye Yunlan explained again.

"I never wanted to deliberately leave you."

Shen Shu, who was leaning on his shoulder, smiled slightly.