Chapter 41: Regaining Consciousness.

The burning pain lingered in his meridians, and the sharp cry of the Fire Phoenix refused to go away.

Ye Yunlan's eyelids moved. Only when putting his full efforts in did he slowly open his eyes.

He found himself standing on a scorched fire ground.

When he looked up, his eyes could only see barren land. Except for the sound of burning fire, the whole world had no vitality.

Where was he?

He began to walk on the charred ground.

Surrounding him were black trees that had been burnt down. Black flowers and other remains piled up on the ground.

Flying sparks passed in front of him. The fire phoenix transformed by the divine fire essence was frantically shrieking.

As he walked, he saw a large shadow in the distance.

When he walked over, he realized that there was a deep valley in front of him, and there was a huge city made of huge rocks in the valley.

He was standing on the mountain, so everything in the city could be seen by him.

Here, his eyesight seemed to be exceptionally good.

He could clearly see the contiguous stretches of ancient buildings in the city, even the mysterious and gorgeous totems carved on the walls of the buildings.

Such a huge city represents an extremely prosperous ancient civilization.

But at this moment, there was not a single person inside.

Unspeakable barrenness enveloped him.

He had never been here before, but he felt a deep-seated sadness.

The ancient buildings built of huge stones converged in the center of the deep valley. In the centre, two pieces meandered to the east and west. It looked like a divine phoenix with its wings spread out.

He suddenly had a splitting headache.

The divine fire essence screamed in his body, ramming his heart and veins, as if crazily trying to break out.

It had been silent in his body for several years, as if it was accumulating strength, just for this current opportunity.

Ye Yunlan raised his hand to hold his clothes tightly to his chest. His temples throbbed, and sweat snaked down his cheeks.

It was so uncomfortable, and there was a kind of unspeakable contempt and tiredness breeding in his heart.

... It was just an insignificant touch of flame.

Yet, it actually dared to wreak havoc in his body.

He whispered: "Shut up."

The fire phoenix inside his body stopped screaming for a moment, but after it screamed even more crazily.

"I told you to shut up."

He repeated it slowly.

The scorched earth suddenly began to vibrate, and sparks flew all over the sky like rain.

He looked up to the sky.

The sun was dazzling.

He reflected the bright sun (Yaori; same as the royal clan) in his eyes, and his dark eyes revealeda little bit of golden coloring

——

"Fellow Daoist Helan, am I right?"

Chen Weiyuan stared at him, his expression calm and unquestionable.