Chapter 102: Birthday.

Hearing what Ye Yunlan said, the flowing shadows around him halted temporarily, then twisted even more frantically.

Countless shadows climbed up Ye Yunlan's white clothes and coiled around his arms and legs. One snaked around his neck, forcing him to look up at Shen Shu.

Ye Yunlan was heavily wrapped in a cocoon, like prey trapped by a poisonous spider.

He couldn't struggle.

The black flame in Shen Shu's eyes grew stronger.

He lowered his body and approached Ye Yunlan, the frantic darkness behind him intertwining with the hostility on his face. His lips curved, "Master, do you think there is still room for you to refuse?"

"I know you've never liked me. So after today, I'm afraid I'll never be your apprentice again," he stretched out his hand to cover Ye Yunlan's cheek, "But no matter how Master hates me, blames me, or rebukes me, it's okay. Today, you can't stop me from going my own way. "

Darkness spread and seeped in. He wanted to make the person under him be on flames and immersed in filth.

Ye Yunlan was forced to tilt his head up. His eyes were flushed, and his pale complexion was like fragile glass.

He interrupted hoarsely: "Shen Shu. I said I wouldn't agree with you, not for myself, but for you."

The darkness surging around paused.

Shen Shu ceased his movements and tilted his head, somewhat puzzled.

"For... me?"

"There is really only one way to save the injury on my body." Shadows were covering Ye Yunlan's body, and his heart endured silently. "But, it's not what you think. It's not as simple as that. Divine fire isn't something that ordinary cultivators can bear. Once it enters the body, if you can't subdue it, you'll explode and die. Not only will you not be able to save me, but you'll also throw away your life."

"Shen Shu, I can't watch you die."

"This is the reason why Master rejected me?" Shen Shu stroked his cheeks, his voice low and hoarse, "I thought Master rejected me because you hated me."

Ye Yunlan: "...If I hated you, how could I keep you beside me for so many years."

When he met Shen Shu back then, he didn't know that the child he saved was related to the Demon Lord. He spent his hard work raising Shen Shu, and over the years, he had done everything for Shen Shu's sake.

This world had no connection with him, but Shen Shu had become the only connection between him and the world. He just never thought Shen Shu would fall in love with him.

It's like how he never thought Shen Shu was the Demon Lord.

Ye Yunlan felt a little fatigued.

He turned his head and meet Shen Shu's passionate, maddening eyes again. The frantic black energy gradually calmed down, and the sense of danger surging throughout Shen Shu also faded away.

Shen Shu suddenly said: "If I can bear or even subdue the divine fire, will Master willingly allow me to heal you?"

Although the shadow no longer shifted in his clothes, it still imprisoned his limbs.

Ye Yunlan closed his eyes, was silent briefly, then said: "If you can."

The physique that could withstand the divine fire, except for natural fire-type sacred bodies, only people who've broken through to the Transcendence Realm could bear it.

He only had two months left, and Shen Shu's cultivation was only at Demi-God, how could he continuously cross two great realms in a short time, even breaking through the shackles of the mortal body's six realms and reach the Transcendence Realm?