Chapter 80: Hairpin (Part 2)

After Yue Qiushuang agreed, the two fell in love, and Xie Jiuyou got closer to Yue Qiushuang.

Only, the two had never done anything beyond their boundaries because of Yue Qiushuang's inner misgivings and hard work day and night.

Xie Jiuyou's injury had almost healed, and he wanted to take Yue Qiushuang to escape from the ghost ship. However, Yue Qiushuang stopped him.

In the past three years, Yue Qiushuang acted carefully and hid Xie Jiuyou secretly. No one knew that Xie Jiuyou was still alive. As long as he found the chance, it wouldn't be difficult for Xie Jiuyou to leave.

But it'd be completely different if he brought him.

If he disappeared, the ghosts would soon find out. When the time came, there wouldn't be for the two of them to escape.

... Besides, he hadn't told Xie Jiuyou that the eternal life pill's effects were unresolved on his body. Even if they were ashore, they wouldn't live like a human in the end.

He decided to let Xie Jiuyou escape alone, but Xie Jiuyou didn't want to.

In the middle of the night, Xie Jiuyou turned his back to Yue Qiushuang and said nothing.

Yue Qiushuang got up to look but saw a face full of tears.

He didn't see Xie Jiuyou shed a single tear even when the ghosts sliced into his flesh and bones.

He didn't expect to see him cry tonight like a very embarrassed little tabby cat.

Yue Qiushuang was taken aback. He quickly got up to coax him, but Xie Jiuyou seemed to feel even more wronged. He slowly wrote in his palm while crying too hard: Ah Shuang, I only blame my cultivation base for being too low and unable to protect you.

Yue Qiushuang: How could I blame you? I only hope you will cultivate well after you leave the ghost ship. You will come to the ghost ship to rescue me when your cultivation completes. You said you want to marry me, so I will wait here for you. I want to see you in your battle armor, sweeping down the ghosts. The person I like should be a majestic hero. Don't cry anymore.

Xie Jiuyou: Are the words Ah Shuang wrote true? Do you want me to be your hero?

Yue Qiushuang rubbed his head and wrote: Naturally.

Xie Jiuyou finally stopped violently opposing leaving.

Only, he stuck closer to him and would often kiss and hug him.

After the kiss and hugs were finished, he would take advantage of him and pretend to be well behaved, and then write something cheesy on his palm.

Xie Jiuyou wrote: Ah Shuang, you are so soft.

He also wrote: But you are just too thin and need more supplements. I heard Ah Niang say that being too thin will affect fertility.

Yue Qiushuang blushed. He never thought about having a later generation when he got on the ghost ship. Besides, he was already with Xie Jiuyou now. So he wrote: Don't mess around anymore.

...

Before leaving, the boy grabbed his hand and wrote: Ah Shuang, wait for me to come back.

Yue Qiushuang wrote: Okay.

Xie Jiuyou raised his hand again to touch Yue Qiushuang's face inch by inch. He closed his eyes and stroked it carefully as if to thoroughly remember his facial features' outline.

Yue Qiushuang bowed his head and kissed his lips in response to his childish behavior.

He found an opportunity to put Xie Jiuyou into the corpse-handling bags on the ship, then threw the bag into the sea.