Chapter 87: Bo Guang*

*gleaming reflection of waves in sunlight

"... It's better, Master."

Shen Shu's voice was a little hoarse.

Ye Yunlan gave a soft "en" and still made Shen Shu lean against him while looking at the pool.

Rong Ran was still struggling.

The tiny blue snakes gradually crawled over his body. Its hissing sound was creepy.

His voice gradually became quieter, and his struggling limbs seemed to be stiff from poisoning. The small blue snake crawled all over his face like a maggot. Then, the snake dragged his entire body into the water.

It was obviously a rather horrifying scene, but Ye Yunlan's expression was still very indifferent.

There was no pleasure, restlessness, or fear.

He just calmly narrated and analyzed: "There are snakes in the pool, but they only stay in the water and will not leave the water. The snakes are poisonous, and even cultivators will be affected. Moreover, the pool is extremely deep, so wading in would be too rash and dangerous."

He watched the ripples in the pool return to their original stillness until he could no longer see the water snakes. He said to Shen Shu, "You can raise your head."

Shen Shu raised his hand and held the skirt of his clothes.

"Master, I don't dare."

Ye Yunlan: "... The snakes have already returned to the water."

Shen Shu: "I'm still scared."

Ye Yunlan: "..."

Didn't he already hug him just now?

Ye Yunlan raised his hand, rubbed his eyebrows, then said, "Follow me if you're afraid. Let's leave the pool for the time being."

Shen Shu finally withdrew from his arms, surprised: "Why? We're about to find the exit. I am afraid of snakes, but with preparation, we can still pass..."

"Too dangerous. Besides..."

Ye Yunlan was silent for a moment.

The turquoise pool in front of him quietly reflected in his pupils.

For some reason, this pool of water brought him an inexplicable feeling of heart palpitations since the beginning.

Even if he didn't have any means to pass here, he still felt unwilling to let Shen Shu set foot in it.

"There should be more than one exit to the cave. Let's find another way first." He said.

Shen Shu had always had no opinion on his decision.

The two turned back the same way.

And behind them, the deep cave also returned to its deathly calmness.

It was unclear how long it took, but there was a sudden bright light from the bottom of the water.

Then, a black hand, swollen and full of blood holes bitten by a poisonous snake, stretched out in the pool and firmly grasped the shore.

...

As Ye Yunlan expected, there wasn't only one exit from the cave.

After taking a detour for another half an hour, the two felt the breeze coming from the exit.

Following the wind's direction for a while, they vaguely saw a little sky light.

The cave exit wasn't on the mountain road; they stepped out of the cave into a dark land.