Chapter 131: Jingling (Part 1)

He was climbing stairs.

The sun was scorching, and he was only halfway up the Sky Sects' three thousand long steps. His head was full of sweat.

A gust of wind passed over his head, and his long hair flew from its blows. He was slightly curious, raised his head, and saw someone passing by with a sword.

He heard mighty cultivators in the Nascent Soul Stage could fly with swords. He had already met such a powerful master before entering the sect.

Was this the legendary immortal sect in the Eastern Continent?

The longing in his heart worsened, and he touched the black jade hanging on his neck.

Finally, he reached the end of the long steps, and someone was standing there.

The man was donning white. He was beautiful, gentle, and looked very kind. When he saw him, he fixed his gaze momentarily, staring from his face to his body. Then he walked toward him with a smile.

"Finally. I've been waiting for you."

The other party told him he was called Rong Ran.

Rong Ran.

It turned out that this was the name of the person he saved in the peach valley.

He was curious and observed the surroundings. Everything in the sect made him feel novel.

When he walked through the outer sect, Zangxiu Peak, he saw a very tall tree on the top of the peak. It had brilliant red leaves and golden flowers intertwined, which looked beautiful.

Rong Ran noticed his gaze and introduced it with a chuckle.

"That's the Jinling tree at the outer sect. The Jinling tree blooms all year round. It has been in the outer sect for more than a hundred years and always has been so lush, scenery for the outer sect."

He ignorantly nodded and asked: "Is Senior Brother going to take me to the outer sect to cultivate?"

"No." Rong Ran said gently, "Senior Brother will take you directly to the inner sect. You will follow Senior Brother to cultivate in the future. That's right, the resources of the inner sect are much richer than those of the outer sect. You are my lifesaver, and I will not mistreat you."

Rong Ran took him to Yanhui Peak's inner sect.

Rong Ran arranged for him to live there and gave him the basic techniques of the sect, as well as sword techniques. He also warned him that one's appearance was the most useless item for cultivators.

The other party gave him a mask and told him to wear it.

He listened to Rong Ran's words extensively and strongly relied on him, trusting him completely.

Just like how they depended on each other in the peach forest's deep valley.

Even though wearing a mask every day aroused strange looks from his fellow sect members.

He stayed in Sky Sect for many years just like this. Apart from Rong Ran, he did not have a close friend.

Rong Ran was also very good to him.

He often visited, took care of him, sent him pills for resources, and taught him sword cultivation.

Until that secret realm fire broke out.

He sat alone in the courtyard, wondering why he brought the pill back for Rong Ran, but the other party came to see him less and less.

As if separated from him by a long distance.