Chapter 23: Qinian*

*delusions/fantasies; wild and fanciful thoughts

Being stared at by Shen Shu earnestly, Ye Yunlan pursed his lips with a headache.

His disciple's cultivation base advancing by leaps and bounds was naturally good.

However, since his injury relapsed three years ago and Shen Shu becoming aware of it, Shen Shu had begun to pay special attention to his body. He would often retrieve all kinds of elixir for him.

Even though he had told Shen Shu that these spirit medicines could only relieve his injury a little, but could not cure his injuries completely, Shen Shu still tirelessly brought the spirit medicine back. Watching him take the spirit medicine, and seeing his complexion become a bit better, he would smile happily.

When he casually said that the elixir was bitter, Shen Shu would try to get rid of the bitterness of the elixir. Later, he learned how to cook from out of nowhere, and the elixir he made each had different flavors. It was good enough to be called a delicacy.

Whenever he saw Shen Shu bring the elixir back and have an expectant appearance, he couldn't say anything to reject it.

He took the porcelain bowl, and lowered his head to see the pure white lotus petals and golden ice pear fruit in the bowl. It looked very attractive.

He picked up the spoon.

The taste of it was indeed wonderful. It was sweet and refreshing, dissolving instantly when it entered his mouth. The gentle and warm medicinal power infiltrated his fragmented meridians.

He felt a little more comfortable and his appearance slightly relaxed.

Shen Shu leaned against the table and looked down at his master.

Ye Yunlan's complexion was extremely white. His thin body was wrapped in thick fox fur with only a snowy white face exposed. His long eyelashes were drooping down, and his slender fingers were holding the porcelain bowl, spooning the sweet soup inside.

It was like an elegant white crane drawing water by the river.

The spoon slightly knocked against the bowl wall, making a fine crackling sound.

The man's thin lips were stained with moisturizing liquid, tinting it pink. This made a person want to... get intimate with him.

Shen Shu didn't dare to look again.

His adam's apple moved. He stared at the ground, remembering the first winter of living with his Master.

At that time, the filthy energy in his body had just been removed and he just began to practice spiritual power. With spiritual protection, he didn't feel cold.

But Ye Yunlan was different. Although his Master never said he was cold, Shen Shu knew that this person usually had cold limbs. It was even worse in winter.

He used to quietly hold the other person's hand at night when they were asleep. However, no matter how he held it, it wouldn't get warm. Even if he went to bed earlier to warm it up for this person, when this person went to sleep by himself, there was always coldness in the blanket on that person's side.

Many times, he wanted to hug the other party and warm him up.

But, in the end, he just froze until dawn.

Until he started to cultivate, the first thing he did was to go to the library to find formations to keep warm. He set up heaters around the bamboo building. After thinking about it, he still felt that it was not enough, so he went to the mountains to hunt. He personally made a fox fur coat for Ye Yunlan.