Chapter 58: Dual Cultivation.

Ye Yunlan sat in the immortal palace's open-air garden. Nian Er was still kneading Furball's fluff. Furball had given up resisting and huddled up to allow Nian Er to squeeze and roll him.

There was a carved porcelain vase on the table and a longevity flower inserted in the vase. The blue petals swayed in the wind.

Ye Yunlan lowered his eyes and looked at the top of the Floating Cloud Summit. Shen Shu resolved his opponents neatly, his posture tall and straight. Ye Yunlan's appearance softened a bit.

Shen Shu had grown up.

Not only his body but his cultivation base had also moved one step closer. He was about to complete the Golden Core realm and will soon be promoted to the Nascent Soul realm. At that time, even in the realm of the countless cultivation of the strong, Shen Shu will still have a place, and there would not be many things he could still teach the other party.

When Shen Shu arrives at the Nascent Soul, he can return the puppet bead to the other party. Then, he can enter the secret realm to find the soul-attracting flower for Shen Shu to resolve his puppet seal. Well, he still needs to create a natal spirit sword suitable for Shen Shu....

When the time comes...

Thinking, he retracted his gaze that fell on the top of the Floating Cloud Summit. He looked towards the sky and the floating clouds that scattered and gathered.

After a long while, he raised his fingertips again, gently touching the petals of the longevity flower on the table's porcelain vase.

Nian Er suddenly asked: "Brother?"

Ye Yunlan: "Huh?"

Nian Er stared at Ye Yunlan for a moment, "I don't know why, but the feeling that brother just gave me was as if you would suddenly disappear to somewhere no one can find you."

Ye Yunlan: "I'm right here, how could I suddenly disappear?"

Nian Er: "Before... the last time my Emperor came to visit Nian Er, he also showed that expression. Then, he disappeared afterward."

Nian Er always mentioned "my Emperor" in front of him.

Ye Yunlan didn't change his expression. He looked at Nian Er with calm eyes. "Nian Er, am I born similar to your Emperor in your memory?"

Nian Er nodded earnestly: "Brother and my Emperor are indeed very similar."

Ye Yunlan: "But I'm not him."

Nian Er seemed to have her mind poked. Her face turned red, and she bit her lip: "Brother...do you believe in reincarnation?"

"No. I don't believe that there is reincarnation." Ye Yunlan calmly said, "But I also think that people are shaped by their experience. Even with the same soul, after walking through the yellow river road, drinking the forgetful soup, and washing away all their experiences of their previous life, they will no longer be the same person."

Nian Er still had some doubts, muttering: "People are shaped by their experience...?"

"Different experiences create different personalities and ways of thinking about things. It also creates different bonds between people and karma. Even if you do it all over again, simply changing the time, place, and situation of a person, the person you know is no longer the person in your memory."

Nian Er still didn't understand.

She just felt that when Ye Yunlan lowered his head at the moment to reach out to touch the petals of the longevity flower, he looked pale and lonely.