Chapter 122: Obsession.

The scorching sun was glaring high.

Elder Xue felt he was already a useless person.

Although he knew the Demon Lord might not have utterly quelled his anger and hated strangers wandering around the Demon Palace, Elder Xue didn't think there wouldn't even be a shadow in sight in such an immense Demon Palace.

The beautiful concubines in the Demon Palace the outside world had envisioned didn't exist. Meanwhile, even the maids were all dressed strictly. They had to shroud their faces with black gauze, so one couldn't tell whether they were people or ghosts.

Because of cultivation techniques, demon cultivators primarily indulged in their desires, while ones like the Demon Lord were so rare that they were almost like a white swan emerging from a group of black ducks in a quagmire.

However, the Demon Lord wasn't a white swan.

When he raised his wings to flap, they were probably even darker than the world's darkest crow.

And a slap could slap the black ducks into the quagmire, spawning corpses all over the field.

Just like Elder Xue now.

Few people were in the Demon Palace, so as one could presume, many places required cleaning.

But Elder Xue was initially unaware.

Elder Xue was wretched while sweeping from the front of the Demon Palace's main hall to the winding corridor in the back, then from the dozens of interior palace buildings to the rear garden.

He was an Immortalization demon cultivator. He wasn't a great power everywhere, but to fall to this point? Whenever he thought of this, he couldn't wait to go back and drown the self who had come up with the poor idea from the beginning.

And sweeping the floor wasn't the most grudging task.

The most grudging thing was that in the Demon Palace, he didn't know when he would see scenes that shouldn't be seen and spot some people he shouldn't see.

For example, when he swept the floor and was sweating profusely two days ago, he saw smoke coming out of the dining room. He happened to be gluttonous, so he wanted to enter and see what was there to eat.

He thought the dining room was a place for cooking, and the black-veiled maids should make the meals. Maybe he could make friends to better pass the time as he ran errands in the Demon Palace.

Elder Xue walked in, jubilant.

Then, he saw...the Demon Lord standing before the smoking stove with his sleeves rolled up.

The Demon Lord glanced over with a smile that wasn't yet like a smile. His face appeared vaguely languid, terrifically handsome.

Nevertheless, his eyes were bloody and teeming with antagonism, as if there was a sea of ​​blood and remains. Consequently, most people ignored his striking face, only sensing trepidation and terror.

Elder Xue felt as if he was already a corpse. His voice stammered, "Subordinate didn't, didn't... know the Lord was here. I didn't intend to offend. I...I will leave at once."

He turned around, wanting to escape to the outside.

However, the dining room door swiftly slammed shut in front of him.

"Why are you in a hurry?" the Demon Lord's inattentive voice came from behind him, "Just perfect. Come over and taste the cakes this Lord made."

The Demon Lord handmade the cakes and asked him to taste them?