Chapter 97: Karma.

"You said this is your item?"

Qiyun Jun strode over to Ye Yunlan.

Ye Yunlan: "Yes."

Qiyun Jun frowned slightly, staring at him.

"This is the Black Mark Blood Soul Jade. It's the only one in the world and a token of the Sky Sect's Sect Master. How did it become yours?"

Ye Yunlan closed his eyes, seemingly unwilling to argue with him too much. He whispered: "Since it's the Sect Master's token, why did you want to break it?"

Qiyun Jun: "Because it's no longer needed."

The Black Mark Blood Soul Jade's karma had been paid off. Keeping it by his side would only implicate him.

Even if this jade was very precious and unique in the world, he wouldn't keep things that shouldn't be kept.

He cultivated the heartless dao, and he shouldn't have too much involvement with the people in this world, so this token was useless. Leaving it in the world would cause disputes, so it was better to destroy it.

In fact, he couldn't even remember why he entrusted such an important thing to Rong Ran.

Even if the other party saved his life.

"I don't need it anymore."

Ye Yunlan was silent momentarily, then said faintly: "This ink jade, I once returned it to Rong Ran. Only now did I know that it was the wrong person."

"Since Sect Master already doesn't need this ink jade, let's destroy it more thoroughly."

He held two pieces of broken jade in his palm, and the nirvana sword intent burst out of his body. The ink jade turned into smaller shards with a slight pinch, sliding down between his fingers like leaking fireflies.

Ye Yunlan lowered his hand, his five fingers hidden in the robe's sleeve.

"The Law Enforcement Hall trial has ended, and the Sect Master's affairs are busy. Why stay here anymore?"

After that, he turned around and motioned to Shen Shu to leave.

"Hold on."

Qiyun Jun called out to him.

Ye Yunlan said indifferently: "Is there anything else, Sect Master?"

Qiyun Jun frowned, "You just said it was the wrong person. What do you mean?"

He asked, "The Black Mark Blood Soul Jade, you gave it to Rong Ran?"

Ye Yunlan: "I thought with the Sect Master's power, you wouldn't be ignorant to these little things."

Qiyun Jun was silent for a long time before saying: "When did you give the jade to Rong Ran?"

Ye Yunlan: "Twenty-five years ago when I entered the sect."

Qiyun Jun asked again: "Then how did you... get this jade?"

Ye Yunlan: "Twenty-nine years ago, I saved a man in the deep peach forest valley. After three years, he left this black jade to me on departure." Speaking this far, he said blankly, "What else does the Sect Master want to ask? It's best to ask it all at once. I don't have much free time."

Qiyun Jun's heart beat.

Twenty-nine years ago, he passed into the Transcendence Realm and was seriously injured and unconscious.

When he woke up three years later, he was already at Xuanhu Peak. Rong Qingjue and Rong Ran, the father-son duo, guarded him until he awoke. Later, the two said they were both guarding him when he was seriously injured.