8

"Are you excited for your date tonight?" Stacie asked as I chuckled. "It's not a date." I said and shook my head.

"Right. Are you excited for your not date date?" She asked as I shrugged.

"I'm indifferent." I said then looked at the time. "Do you need anything else from me? I gotta get the kids from school." I said with a sigh and stood up.

"Is it safe for you to be driving?" Stacie asked as I shrugged. "I'm gonna walk. It's not too far." I said with a sigh.

"Then you're gonna be sweaty for your date." Stacie said causing me to laugh. "Good. And it's not a date." I said and grabbed my bag.

"Whatever you say, Jules." She said as I clocked out. "I'll be at your house at 5. Is that okay?" She asked as I nodded and checked my phone.

M: Meet me at Wild Sage at 5:30. Can't wait to see you.

"That's perfect." I said with a small smile then grabbed my keys.

"You're blushingggg." Stacie sang as I rolled my eyes. "See you at 5." I said then turned and left the building.

When I got to the car, I let out a sigh and tapped the steering wheel. "No seizure." I said, hopefully manifesting that I wouldn't have one while driving.

Luckily I was pretty good at knowing that one was going to happen, so even if I was driving I would know to pull over.

My house was only a couple of minutes away anyways so I was pretty positive in my abilities to get there safe.

When I got home, I quickly went inside to change out of my work clothes so my walk to Juniper's school would be more comfortable.

I then grabbed my bag and made my way out of the house. I had to admit walking by myself made me nervous, considering my past.

I made sure to get a house in the safest neighborhood possible though. After everything that happened, I wasn't going to risk anything.

My siblings meant too much to me to put them even remotely on the line.

The walk to Juniper's school was about 20 minutes which was perfect because they were being dismissed when I got there.

"Hi, sissy!" Juniper said as she ran up to me. "Hi, love bug. How was school?" I asked and took her backpack from her. "Good!" She said with a smile and took my hand.

"Good." I said then squeezed her hand. "Are we walking, sissy?" She asked as I nodded.

"Yep. It's good for us." I said and looked around at my surroundings. 

Nobody seemed to be watching or following but I could never be too sure.

When we got to the middle school, I brought Juniper to the playground so she could play while we waited.

I had to admit I was feeling a little shaky and my head was starting to hurt, but there was nothing I could do about it.

I kept myself together long enough for Jenna, Carter, and Sam to come out and join us, which was good because I didn't want to have a medical emergency that would leave my five year old sister alone.

"Are you feeling okay?" Jenna asked as I shakily sat on the bench that was behind me. I shook my head and laid on my side, waiting for the moment to arrive.

"Don't worry. We're here." Sam said and put his hand under my head to cushion it. "Watch Juniper." I mumbled as my hands and arms started to shake.

"We've got her." Carter confirmed as I nodded, my mouth going dry. Before I could say or do anything else, my body had slipped into a seizure.