108

Colby's POV

"How did that go?" Jeremy asked as I walked the hall and towards the conference room where everyone was waiting.

"He wants to apologize to Julia." I mumbled. "Are you gonna let him?" He asked as I clenched my jaw.

"He's not going anywhere near her." I said then opened the door, revealing the whole gang.

"Brock, you can't keep us down here. My wife is going to worry." Jeff said as I nodded. "Your wife should know that it can happen." I said blandly.

"Unfortunately for all of you, there are some snakes among us." I said and look at all of them with an unbothered look on my face.

"Until those people are caught and dealt with, you all will be staying down here." I said as they all argued.

"ENOUGH." I yelled angrily. "Remember what I told you. Mess with me or mine and you'll be killed. Nobody is getting away with this." I said and glared at all of them.

"If the ones who aren't snakes want to interrogate or kill anyone suspicious, be my guest. It'll make this whole process easier." I said then looked around.

"Any questions?" I asked and raised my brows. "Where's Will?" Steve asked. "He's dead. Any other questions?" I asked blandly.

I didn't want to tell them that he was alive because he wouldn't be for long. I didn't need the snakes setting him free before I could take care of him.

We stood in silence for a minute before I nodded.
"Great." I said then turned around. The second I did this, I heard a gun click off of the safety and felt something pressed against my back.

I rolled my eyes then sighed, quickly turning and grabbing the gun, swiftly flipping it to point at the idiot that thought that would be a good idea.

"That was fun." I said with a laugh then shot and killed the guy.

"I was very serious about what I said, I hope this proves that." I said then tossed the gun onto the dead body before leaving the room.

Was it probably a little harsh to do that? Yeah. I didn't care though.

I promised Julia I would come home tonight, so I had to do anything to protect myself.

Since the whole gang was angry, I decided to call it a day and go home. I probably could have done a little more work but I wasn't going to put myself in danger to do meaningless work.

"Send me that email draft you have, and make sure it mentions something about needing to meet with him." I said to Jeremy as I put my jacket on.

"Sure thing, boss." He said as I nodded. "Sorry that you have to stay trapped down here." I said as he shrugged.

"It's all good. Tell Jules I said hi." Jeremy said and waved. "Will do." I said then turned and went to leave.

I decided on the way home to pick some stuff up for Julia.

I stopped and got her Chinese food from her favorite place, then got some flowers and a pint of ice cream from the pharmacy.

I knew there was a small chance of her eating this stuff but I really was trying my best to make her feel more comfortable.

When I got back to the apartment, Sam was sitting on the couch alone.

I scrunched my brow and put the stuff I got on the counter.

"Where's Julia?" I asked as he sighed and looked up.

"Bedroom." He said as I nodded and made my way over to the bedroom.