56

The next couple days were horrible. I was getting annoyed with the lack of action and wanted to just go back home.

The only perk to this week was that Colby was actually leaving me alone.

It was a good thing because I was trying desperately to not fall into his lies again. I wasn't going to let his sweet gestures fool me this time.

I had already made a mistake by sharing a few kisses with him, I needed to be more careful.

Right now I was in the living room, sitting on the couch and looking out the window.

I didn't have much to do here but it had been snowing here so I would just watch it as it peacefully fell.

"Bored?" Sam asked as he came into the room. "Is it obvious?" I asked and looked over at him.

"You hardly move from that spot." He hummed and handed me a mug.

"What's this?" I asked and looked into the cup. "Hot chocolate with a splash of liquor." He said causing me to laugh.

"Thanks, Sam." I said then took a sip. "Where's Colby?" I asked as he sighed. "Working on something." He said as I rolled my eyes.

"What's his fucking problem?" I asked as he shrugged.

"He's got some sort of plan working. He's a lot more calculated than you think." He said as I shook my head.

"I think he thinks he's calculated. We've been sitting on our asses for too long. I don't see why we can't just try our plan." I said causing him to sigh.

"Do you really think it would be a good idea? You know they can kill you, right?" He asked as I nodded.

"It's a risk I'm willing to take." I said and took a sip of my drink.

"You really hate him that much?" He asked as I sighed. "I don't hate him, but I don't want to be near him. He hurt me, Sam. I'm not forgiving him any time soon for it." I said and looked out the window.

"I just want to get home so I can get back to my life." I said quietly. I didn't want to necessarily get back to my life because I knew my siblings weren't going to be with me and that I was alone.

I would rather be alone than torture my heart by being around Colby.

"Sam, have you- oh." Colby said as he walked into the room to see Sam and I. "Have I what?" Sam asked and crossed his arms.

"Have you heard from Jake or Corey today?" He asked as Sam grabbed his phone. "Yeah, they lost the guys." Sam said as Colby shook his head.

"This is ridiculous." Colby said as I raised my hand. "Is it time we do my plan?" I asked as he rolled his eyes.

"Could be a good idea. I had Nate send me some trackers and mics." Sam said as Colby groaned. "We aren't doing it!" He snapped.

"Funny how you trust Sam with your gang but not with me." I said and put my hot chocolate down.

"You don't have to be a part of it. Sam and I have it under control." I said and raised my brows at him.

"Jules. Please." Colby said as I shook my head. "Sam." I said and looked at him. "It will be safe, Colby. Well..as safe as it can be." Sam said with a nod.

"I know you wanted to find another way, but it's been days and we have nothing. This way we can at least know where they would take her. It's give us a step ahead." Sam explained.

"And what happens when she gets captured? What are you gonna do?" Colby and and looked at me. "Take whatever they do to me until you guys get there." I said with a shrug.