126

The next couple days were a whirlwind.

Colby and I were trying to get everything situated since we only had a couple of days to move out of state.

I had no idea where we were headed and I honestly didn't even care at this point.

I trusted Colby with my life and I knew he was going to plan everything out.

"What are you doing?" Jenna asked as I sighed. "Packing." I said simply as I put the rest of my clothes in a box. "Why?" She asked with confusion.

I haven't told the kids what we were doing yet, because I didn't know how to explain it.

I didn't know how I would say that we would never be able to come back to the state we grew up in.

I couldn't explain to them that Colby was a crime lord and that he just made the biggest decision of his life to bring us together.

It was all so complicated.

"Because we're moving." I said with a small smile. "I like this house though." Jenna said and crossed her arms.

"I know. I do too, but we need to move on." I said then taped the box up. "Can you do me a huge favor?" I asked and looked up at her.

There was a melancholy look on her face which broke my heart. I knew this transition might be a little hard for them but once we were settled I had a feeling they would be so happy.

Once we all adjusted there would maybe be a little normalcy.

"Yeah?" Jenna asked as I sighed. "Will you help me pack up Juniper's room? I know she's going to be so distracting." I said as she nodded.

"Yeah. When are we leaving?" Jenna asked as I chewed my lip.

"Tomorrow." I said as her eyes widened. "What?!" Jenna yelled causing Colby to poke his head into the room. "Everything okay?" He asked as I nodded.

"I just told Jenna." I said with a sigh. "You can't do this to us, Jules! Are you kidding?!" Jenna yelled, crossing her arms.

"Jenna-" I started but couldn't finish before she was storming out of the room.

"That went well." I mumbled and put my head in my hands. "I'll go talk to her." Colby said then left the room.

I frowned then turned to finish packing up my room.

We were going to just bring our possessions and not any furniture since Colby was going to get a fully furnished house for us.

I already had a plan in my head to get the kids whatever they wanted for their rooms.

If I was going to drag them to a different state with me, the least I could do was make sure they had anything they wanted.

Colby was gone for a while before he finally came back into the room. "How did that go?" I asked and looked up at him.

"It went. Jenna was the most upset but is now cool with it, Juniper is adorable and doesn't understand what is going on. The boys are excited." Colby said then sat next to me.

"How the hell did you do it?" I asked and leaned my head on his shoulder. "How do I do what?" He asked with a laugh.

"Jenna was about to rip my head off but you talk to her and she's cool with it?" I questioned as he nodded.

"Yeah, I'm charming." He said with a laugh. "You're an asshole, that's what you are." I said then sat up straight.

"An asshole that found a house already." He said causing me to perk up slightly. "Where are we moving?" I asked as he pulled his phone out.