42

Colby's POV

I laid with Julia in my arms. She had fallen asleep after crying and fighting me off for a little while.

It broke my heart how broken she was and how bad she was struggling.

She had a point that everyone left her. Her father broke her heart before he died, then I broke her heart shortly after.

I regretted hurting her, but I didn't regret leaving her. It clearly wasn't safe for us to be together and I proved that tonight.

I shouldn't have killed that guy, but they shot an innocent girl. Julia didn't do anything to deserve that and I just reacted irrationally.

I shouldn't have done that.

Julia whimpered in her sleep, tensing up slightly. She was having a nightmare.

"Shh, you're okay." I whispered and scratched her back gently. This action was enough to get her to relax which was good.

I knew I shouldn't have been getting this close to her considering I would have to leave her again. Keeping her close was still dangerous and it was something I couldn't do.

I couldn't let her get more roped into this world more than she already was.

I ended up not sleeping all night because Julia would have nightmares every hour.

I didn't mind comforting her considering how much shit I have put her through.

It was the least I could do.

When the sun came up, I carefully got out of bed so I could go downstairs.

I needed to talk to Sam to get his opinion on what to do. Sam had become really amazing at leading and his opinion meant so much to me.

When I got downstairs, I went to the kitchen seeing that Sam was making breakfast. "Hey, man." Sam said with a grin.

"Hey, you're making breakfast?" I asked as he nodded. "Yeah, I thought I'd be a good host." He said causing me to laugh. "Even though we trashed your house?" I asked and sat at the island.

"You didn't, some fucking dickheads did." Sam said and got me a glass of water.

"Yeah, I wish I could kill all three of them, because now they are just out there waiting to strike again." I said then scrubbed my face with my hands.

"Do you have a plan for that?" Sam asked as I shook my head. "Not at all. I can't keep putting Julia in danger like this. She's been through too much." I said as he nodded.

"I heard her yelling last night." He said quietly. "She had a little bit of a breakdown." I said then took a sip of water. "About?" He questioned, focusing on the eggs he was making.

"She knows I killed her dad and it kinda set her off. She's really upset about the fact that everyone she loves leaves her. She wanted to basically kill herself by leaving last night." I explained.

"Do you really blame her?" He asked and looked up at me. "Not really. She just doesn't understand that I left her because I loved her." I said with a sigh.

"She understands that, but it doesn't make it any better." He said as I nodded. "I guess." I said with a shrug as Katrina walked into the room.

"Ugh." Kat said as I nodded. "Katrina." I said as she waked over and kissed Sam. "Buttmunch." She said then squinted at me.

"What did I do?!" I asked with a laugh. "You're just an asshole." She said as Julia walked into the room, the sleeve of her sweatshirt caught between her teeth.