70

"I don't wanna get up." I mumbled as I ran my fingers through Colby's hair.

"We don't have to." Colby said quietly and looked up at me. "I want to shower." I said as he grinned.

"Say less." He said then got up, pulling out of me. "Are you gonna come with?" I asked as he chuckled.

"Hell yeah, I am." He said then scooped me up causing me to laugh.

"You want to go again?" I asked as he nodded. "Every minute of every day." He said then carried me to the shower.

When we got there we ended up having a steamy shower with a couple happy endings sprinkled in there.

"You look tired." Colby said as I brushed my wet hair out. "I wonder why." I said as he chuckled and walked over to me.

"I wish this could always be our lives." Colby said as he wrapped his arms around me from behind, looking at me through the mirror in front of us.

"What? Constantly having sex. I don't think I can handle that." I said as he chuckled.

"No. Just us together. No crime or people out to get us." He said as I sighed and leaned my head back to rest on his chest.

"One day. We just have to survive to see it." I said as he kissed my head. "One day." He repeated then unwrapped his arms from me.

"When will I be able to actually leave this apartment?" I asked with a sigh.

"When I think it's safe. I can bring you to base tomorrow so you can at least be in a different setting." He said as I nodded.

"Have you figured out what's going on with Will?" I asked as he shook his head.

"I can't find anything. Maybe he was really being honest about not wanting you to be around this shit." Colby said with a sigh.

"He thinks of you like a daughter. It really could be it." He said as we made our way to the bedroom again.

"Maybe. I was also on edge so I could have just been weary of him." I said with a sigh.

"I'm gonna keep an eye on him." He said then came over and kissed my forehead. "Try not to worry about it. Are you wanting to come with me tomorrow?" He asked as I nodded.

"Yes, please." I said as we turned and got into bed. "Okay, we'll leave in the morning." He said and wrapped his arms around me.

"I'm gonna bring my painting stuff." I said with a smile. "Paint me something for my office." He said then kissed my head.

"I can do that." I said with a small smile. "Goodnight, sweetheart." He said then kissed my forehead.

"Goodnight, Colby." I said then closed my eyes and laid my head on his chest.

I fell asleep listening to the sound of Colby's heartbeat.

We had been through a lot and it was never certain that we would love to see another day with the work Colby was involved in.

I wish it could be different.

"Julia." Colby mumbled as he nudged my shoulder. "Hmm?" I groaned, being pulled out of the dreamless sleep I was in.

"Did you still want to come with me?" He asked as I cracked my eyes open. "Yeah." I mumbled and sat up, rubbing my eyes.

"We're gonna leave once you're ready." He said as I nodded. "Give me ten minutes." I said then got out of bed.

"Woah! Wait a minute." Colby said causing my eyes to widen. "What?!" I asked as he rushed over to the bedroom door and closed it.

"The guys are here. Don't want them to see you naked." He said as I chuckled. "Right. I don't want to scar them." I said then turned to go to the closet.