94

Colby's POV

I couldn't stop thinking about what Max had said at the party last night. I was torn because I wanted to stop at nothing until I found this 'cherry house'.

If Julia really was there, I wanted to get her away from that sort of thing but I knew I couldn't just show up.

That's exactly what they wanted.

Julia knew I couldn't come after her. I had made it very clear but this whole situation was getting fishier by the minute.

"Why are we here?" Sam asked as he and Jeremy sat across from me. "Have either of you heard of the cherry house?" I asked and leaned back in my chair.

"No..." Sam said with confusion as Jeremy nodded.

"It's a brothel on the west side. Super popular but also extremely exclusive. Why?" Jeremy asked as I sighed.

"According to Max, Julia is there." I said as Sam's eyes widened. "How can she be there and in Spokane?" He asked as I nodded. "Exactly." I said with a sigh.

"We need to scope it out to see if Max is lying." I said and looked at Jeremy.

"Why would he be lying?" Sam asked and raised his brows. "He's a weasel. He loves stirring shit up so it could be a trap." I said as he nodded.

"Have you been to this place?" I asked as he shook his head. "No, I don't typically partake in sex trafficking." Jeremy said as I nodded.

"So you don't know where it is?" I asked as he shook his head.

"We'll have to scope out then. Are the guys still in town?" I asked Sam. "Yeah, do you want their help?" He asked and pulled his phone out.

"I honestly don't know what we're dealing with here. I said with a sigh then put my head in my hands.

"Have you tried to get in contact with Max?" Sam asked as I nodded. "I asked him to tell me where it was and he said he couldn't." I explained.

"What about Will?" Jeremy asked as I hummed. "Good idea. He's been around a lot longer than we have." I said then picked up my phone to call him.

"Where is he?" I asked as the phone rang for a while. "Probably hungover." Jeremy said as I pursed my lips.

"He's not invited to any more parties if he can't answer the damn phone the morning after." I said harshly as his phone went to voicemail.

"Call me immediately after you hear this." I threatened then hung up the phone.

"So...should I invite the guys here?" Sam asked awkwardly.

"No, my apartment. I don't want too many people down here." I said then stood up. "See what you can find out, report back to me." I said to Jeremy.

I knew it was stupid to fall into the trap that was trying to rescue Julia, but I wasn't to that step yet.

I needed to get more information and make sure Max wasn't lying to me.

Even when I did find out the truth, if Julia was there I don't know how I would navigate the situation.

These people were smart and very calculated, they would see me coming before I even got there and they would kill me before I could even think about getting to Julia.

I of course needed to be steps ahead but once again was behind.

"Let's go." I mumbled then stood up. "Get back to work." I said to Jeremy then gestured for him to get out of the room.

"Yes, sir." Jeremy said then left the room. "What's going on it your head?" Sam asked as I shook my head. I didn't want to talk about any of this while being at base.