123

Having Colby not around was starting to really take a toll on me.

Weeks turned to a month and I hardly saw him. By the time he would get home to me he would be so tired that we would hardly talk.

Some nights Sam and Kat would go to a hotel so Colby could at least sleep in the same bed as me but things were different.

I was terrified that Colby was pulling away from me again. I was scared he was going to leave me a note saying he couldn't do this anymore.

I was afraid he was going to continue working over time and that we would split up from it.

"Hey, Jules." Sam said as he walked into the bedroom. I was having some alone time, which I had more often now.

I tried to not let it show how upset I was about Colby's absence. It was not only annoying to be whiney and complaining to people who were far away from their homes.

Sam and Kat sacrificed so much to be here, it would be horrible to complain to them.

"Hey." I said quietly and looked up at him. "You doing okay? We haven't seen you much." He said as I nodded. "I'm fine." I said with a sigh.

"You know you can talk to us, right?" He asked as I nodded. "Yeah, I know." I said and pulled my knees to my chest.

"So what's up?" He asked and sat on the bed next to me. "I just miss Colby." I said with a shrug. "It's nothing." I said causing him to sigh.

"It's not nothing. It's understandable since you haven't really seen him in the past month." He said as I nodded.

"It just feels like he's pulling back again." I said and looked up at him. "I know it seems that way but he's not gonna leave you again." Sam said gently.

"You'd prepare me if he was..right?" I asked as he nodded. "I would. He told me that leaving you was the worst mistake he's ever made. He may be dumb sometimes but he won't make that same mistake twice." He explained as Kat came into the room.

"Hey, your phone is ringing." She said and held up Sam's phone. "Shit." He said then brought the phone up to his ear.

"Hey. Yeah. Okay, give me just a minute." Sam said then stood up and left the room. "That was weird right?" I asked and looked up at Kat.

"I don't question anything anymore." She said with a laugh then sat on the bed next to me.

"You've been quiet lately. Are you doing okay?" She asked as I nodded. "Yeah. I guess I'm getting cabin fever." I said causing her to laugh.

"Tell me about it, girl. I wish we could go and adventure." She said and laid back on the bed.

"Yeah, maybe one day we can. I'm sorry you're forced to stay here away from everyone." I said as she shook her head.

"Don't feel bad, Jules. I'm so glad we are getting to spend time together, I just wish the other girls were here too." She said with a sigh.

"I miss them all." I said as Sam came back into the room.

"Everything okay?" I asked as Sam nodded. "Yeah, Colby is on his way back." He said, causing my heart to flutter slightly.

It was almost nighttime but wasn't nearly as late as he usually was so I was very excited to see him.

"You're so in love." Kat said with a laugh. "Look at the goofy look on her face." Sam said and pointed to me.

"He's coming home early enough for us to actually hang out. I'm excited. Sue me." I said and crossed my arms.