112

Colby's POV

I saw red as I pushed Damien against the wall. "What part of stop don't you fucking get?" I growled.

"I couldn't just stop. If I stop, it takes longer and her trauma will be worse." Damien explained as Julia sobbed.

Hearing her cries were only fueled my rage.

"She told you to fucking stop. You don't understand what she's been through." I said then pushed him back before going back to Julia's side.

She was sobbing uncontrollably, gasping for air.

"Julia." I whispered, causing her to whimper and pull away from me.

It felt like we took ten steps back.

"Let's give them a couple minutes." Nate said gently then started to pull Damien out of the room.

"It's still in her.." Damien mumbled as Julia sobbed. "Get out." I said and pointed to the door.

Once they were gone I pulled Julia close. "Shhh...it's okay." I whispered, trying desperately to comfort her.

"It hurts!" Julia cried out as I frowned. "Let me pull it out, okay? I won't hurt you." I said and wiped her tears.

She looked at me with panic in her eyes, her chest heaving in and out.

"Let me take away the pain, sweetheart." I begged as she nodded. "Make it stop." She cried out.

"Okay." I whispered then walked to the end of the bed and gently pulled the wand out of her.

As I did this, Julia cried. Her whole body went rigid before she crawled away from me, trying to get as far away as possible.

It broke my heart how one single action could set her back so far.

"I'm not gonna touch you or move, take your time Jules." I said quietly, staying completely still. I wanted to lean forwards and pull her into my embrace but I didn't want to scare her.

Knowing how she was now, I knew she would freak out if I did that.

We sat in silence for a while, Julia looking at me with a fearful look in her eyes. "I know you're scared, Jules. I wanna help you." I said quietly after a couple minutes.

"Will you let me help you?" I asked and held my hand out to her. She looked at it for a second, before reaching her shaking hand out towards it.

"There we go. You're okay now, darling." I said and gently caressed her hand. I wanted to help her more but felt like I couldn't do much.

She was just so broken.

We sat there in silence for a little while before she started getting more comfortable. Once she felt a little better though, the door opened causing her to flinch.

"Hey..." Nate said quietly. "Damien didn't know the extent of what really happened." He explained.

"He wants to apologize." He said as I looked at Julia. She nodded then looked at me, almost as if she was asking for approval.

"Only if you want him to." I said and brushed her hair behind her ear.

"Yeah." She mumbled, looking at Nate. "Okay, I'll go grab him." Nate said then left the room.

"I'm so proud of you, ya know that?" I asked as she looked up at me. "Home." She said as I nodded.

"Soon. We'll talk to Damien then we can go back to the house." I said as she shook her head.

"Home home." She said as the door opened. "I'm sorry, Julia. I thought being quick would be better." Damien said as he walked into the room.

Julia hid behind my shoulder, cowarding slightly. "I was wrong and I'm sorry." He said quietly, then looked at me.