120

Every part of my body hurt. I knew the feeling all too well and I hated every minute of it. The last time I felt like this, I spiraled.

I fell into a deep and dark depression filled with narcotics and bad decisions. I was scared I was going to fall back into that pattern.

Colby was so supportive though, the way he was holding me closely.

It hurt my heart that he had to help me through something like this. I blamed him for a lot of things in the past, including my last miscarriage.

This wasn't his fault though.

He didn't know the torture I had gone through, and he wasn't the reason I was pregnant to begin with.

I was grateful that he was here for me though.

The next couple days after I took that pill were difficult.

My body was in so much pain and my heart was hurting. I was fighting a monster inside of me, one that wanted to find a pain pill or twelve.

Colby didn't keep drugs at his apartment though. He knew I would crack and take anything, so as long as I was here, he was going to keep drugs out of this house.

"Sam and Kat should be getting here soon." Colby said as I put my hood up, snuggling into the couch a little more.

Sam and Kat were coming to stay with us for a little while so Colby could get some work done.

He has been trying to get back into the swing of working but it seemed impossible while I was so fucked up.

"Are you going to work tonight?" I asked quietly as he put a glass of water in front of me.

"Yeah, I have a lot of work to do." He said with a sigh and sat next to me. "I don't want you to go." I said quietly, leaning my head on his shoulder.

"I know, sweetheart. I wish I could stay here with you." He said and wrapped his arm around me. "Promise me you'll be safe." I said and looked up at him. "I promise." He said then kissed my head.

"Aren't you scared that people are after you?" I asked as he chuckled.

"There's always someone after me, darling." He hummed. I frowned then laid my head on his chest as someone knocked on the door.

I flinched at the noise, even though I knew it was probably Sam and Kat.

"I'll get it." Colby said then stood up. When he went to go get the door, I felt another jolt of pain in my abdomen.

I've been going through a lot of those sorts of jolts but Nate said it was completely normal. I would be going through a lot of pain for a little while.

"Hey, guys." Colby said as he opened the door. "When are you gonna get a bigger place?" Kat asked causing Colby to laugh.

"Nice to see you too, Katrina." Colby said as she flipped him off.

"Hey, Jules! How are you feeling?" Kat asked as Sam brought their bags into the room. "I'm alright." I said quietly.

"Heard you were hurting so we brought you some chocolate." Sam said and help up a chocolate bar.

"Thank you." I said with a sigh as Colby grabbed his jacket. "I will be back later tonight." He said then walked over me.

"Call me if you need me. I love you." He said then kissed me. "I love you, too. Please be safe." I said and brought my hand to his cheek.

"I will be." He said then sighed. "Call me if anything happens." Colby said to Sam. "He's not going with you?" I asked as he shook his head.

"No, he's staying here with you." He said simply then grabbed his keys. "Keep her safe." He said to Sam then left the apartment.