20

Colby's POV

It's been a couple weeks since I left Spokane. I wanted to stay longer to keep stalking Michael Octavia but he wasn't being nearly as shady as I thought he would be.

He just seemed like a cop who was dating my ex.

I had to come back to Seattle to keep things running here. I couldn't waste any more time being somewhere else.

"Did you get him?" Will asked as I got back into the car. We had just finished the hit list we were given from Mark Walters.

It had actually been really fun getting to kill off some people.

It sounded so dark and twisted but there was something satisfying about getting a hit list done.

"Yeah." I said coldly and started the car. "What do we do now that it's over?" Will asked as I rolled my eyes. "Continue of the Adam case." I said and started to drive.

"Any new developments on it?" Will asked as I shook my head.

"He's still on the loose. There were a couple murders that took place in Wilbur. That's my next place to visit." I said and focused on the road.

"Bringing anyone?" He asked as I rolled my eyes. "No. No more questions." I said coldly and drove to base.

I wasn't interested in keeping conversation about my whereabouts.

When we got to base I went to my office and logged into my computer.

There was some work I needed to get done before I was able to finally go home.

I spent almost no time at home anymore and I was looking forward to it.

I was about halfway through my work when there was a knock on the door. "Ugh. WHAT?!" I growled, looking towards the door with a venomous glare.

"Hey, uh...you're gonna need to see this." Jeremy said as I rolled my eyes. "It better be fucking important." I said and stood up, walking towards him with an angry glare.

I fucking hated being interrupted more than anything in the world.

I especially hated it when all I wanted to do was go home.

We walked down the hallway until we got to the infirmary.

Part of me was concerned one of my men got hurt, but the other part knew I wouldn't be pulled from my office if that was the case.

When we walked into the room, I felt my heart drop to my stomach.

Julia was laying on the bed with an IV attached to her. She was pale and her lips were a bluish color.

"What the fuck is she doing here?" I asked and clenched my jaw.

"I found her in her car in front of Jack's house. I know things didn't work out with you guys but I couldn't leave her like that." Jeremy explained nervously.

I was angry that he brought her here, but I was even more angry that she was in this position.

What was she doing in Seattle anyways and where the fuck were her siblings? Did her new boyfriend do this to her?

"We gave her a narcan because she very clearly overdosed." Jeremy said as sighed.

She was addicted to pills again.

I closed my eyes for a second before turning to leave the room. "I'll take care of it. Nobody touches her until I'm done with my work." I said then turned and left the room.

I didn't want to show any emotion towards this because that was dangerous.

I had to pretend like seeing her like that didn't effect me.