21

I opened my eyes feeling groggy and sick. "Ugh." I groaned and sat up, realizing I was somewhere I didn't recognize.

I could feel my heart beating out of my chest as I looked around the sleek bedroom.

It looked like I was in an apartment of some sort. It was very clean with a modern style but most importantly very unfamiliar.

I looked down to see that I was wearing a black t-shirt instead of whatever I was wearing before. What the hell did I get myself into?

My head was pounding as I tried to get out of the warm bed I was in.

"What the fuck?" I asked and looked down to see I wasn't wearing any pants. Did I seriously black out and sleep with a random stranger?

When I walked out of the bedroom I walked into the living room.

It was a really nice place but was pretty small. It seemed to be a one bedroom apartment with a living room, kitchen, and balcony.

Off to the side was a half bath and I assumed there was a full bathroom connected to the bedroom.

I let my eyes scan the apartment before my heart stopped.

Colby was standing on the balcony in just some grey sweatpants and no shirt on. He was looking out at the view with a lit cigarette between his lips.

My whole body swarmed with emotions as I watched him smoke the cigarette.

Did I fucking sleep with him? What was I even doing in his apartment? He had no fucking right to be near me.

I stood there in shock for another minute before Colby turned around, noticing me. He clenched his jaw slightly, looking at me with an expression I didn't understand.

Was he mad at me?

I stormed over to the balcony door and opened it, feeling the rage consume me.

"What did you do to me?!" I asked as he rolled his eyes. "Please. I fucking saved your life. You're welcome." He said with an annoyed tone.

"Saved my life?! Last time I fucking checked you ruined it." I seethed and crossed my arms.

"Why am I fucking here?" I asked as he breathed an angry laugh.

"You fucking overdosed and one of my men found you. You're welcome for the narcan by the way." He said in a tone that pissed me off so much.

I didn't remember overdosing but I did remember the need to take pills. I remember the pain that I was trying to numb.

My siblings were gone.

I looked down, feeling my hands shake. The pain in my chest was back and I needed it to go away.

"Where are my pills?" I mumbled as he shook his head. "I don't know." He said simply as tears welled in my eyes.

"I need some." I said then stormed towards the bedroom so I could look for some. "You won't find any." Colby said with a cocky tone as rage filled my body.

"You're a fucking liar." I said then went into his bathroom, opening the cabinets and rummaging through them.

"Julia, stop." Colby said as I shook my head, tears burning my eyes.

"I need them and I know you have them." I said shakily, remembering the terrible thing that happened with my family.

"I don't have any. Now stop." Colby said and pulled me back causing me to start crying. "You need to get me some. You did this!" I said, going into hysteria.