73

The next couple weeks were boring. Colby would take me to base with him where I would sit and do art while he worked.

We would occasionally go on dates but most of the time they had to be at the apartment or somewhere very public so nobody would try anything.

It was frustrating being in a relationship where we had to be hidden and scared.

I was just grateful we were both still alive at this point.

Today was one of the rare days I decided to stay back and just hang out in Colby's apartment.

I was sick of sitting in his office, staring at the same walls. Granted, I was sick of these walls too, but at least here I could take a bath.

I let myself relax a little bit as I soaked in the scolding hot water. It was probably a little too hot for me since it was turning my skin a bright red color, but it felt good nonetheless.

I haven't been feeling well the past couple days but I haven't actually gotten physically sick yet. I just had a constant headache and my body felt weak, as if I was about to get a cold.

It was always hard when I got sick because I couldn't really take medicine to help with the symptoms.

I hated that part of my life so much.

"Jules?" I heard Colby call out as I opened my eyes. "In here." I hummed as he walked through the door.

"Hey. How are you feeling?" Colby asked as he walked over to the tub, leaning down to give me a kiss.

"The same." I said as he sighed and brushed my hair from my forehead.

"I hate to be this guy but...should we get you a pregnancy test?" He asked as my heart sank.

I didn't think I was pregnant because I wasn't actually throwing up or anything but it was a possibility.

"I don't want to know." I said and picked at my nails.

"How about you take one, I'll read the results." He said as I leaned my head back, wincing in pain at how bad my head hurt.

"I don't like this." Colby mumbled as I sighed. "Yeah. I think I need a Tylenol or something." I said as he nodded and went over the cabinet that had medications locked in it.

I found it strange that he had a cabinet with a lock on it since he lived by himself.

I knew it wasn't new because we were with eachother pretty much every single day since we reconnected.

I just learned to not asked questions.

"Here." Colby said then handed me two white pills. "Thanks." I mumbled then took them.

"I'm gonna run to the store. Did you need anything?" He asked as I shook my head slowly, closing my eyes.

"Okay, baby. I'll be back." He said then kissed my head. "Hurry back." I mumbled and put my hands over my eyes.

"I'll be only a couple minutes. Promise." He said then left the room. I whimpered and slipped into the water a little more.

With every moment that passed the worse I felt. Part of me couldn't stop thinking about what Colby had said.

Was I pregnant?

I couldn't remember how it felt when I got pregnant last time because I was so numbed by narcotics.

If I was pregnant right now it would kill me.

I don't know how much time passed before Colby was coming back into the bathroom.