99

"You look pathetic." Adam said as he walked into my bedroom.

Whenever I was alone I would hide under the desk, hoping that they would forget I existed.

Time was a blur, but I knew I have been here long enough to be traumatized.

I haven't seen my dad since the night I found out he was actually alive.

I didn't know if it was a blessing or a curse though.

"Your next appointment is here so get your shit together." He said impatiently. "No more." I whimpered.

"Not an option. Get up before I make you." He said as a tear trickled down my cheek.

I wanted to hide under the desk until he went away, but I knew that wasn't the case.

"Atta girl. Before your next appointment,
Joey wants to speak to you." He said as I shook my head.

"Don't make me do that." I whispered as he chuckled, opening the door. "Get ready, princess." He said as I picked at my nails.

I felt sick to my stomach, wanting to run away. These "appointments" were hard on me physically and mentally and I had to go through at least six of them a day.

This next one would be my fourth for the day which made me want to throw up.

I couldn't move, the trauma sitting in my chest so heavy that I didn't want to believe any of this was real.

I knew I needed to get changed into something more desirable but I couldn't.

I couldn't do this anymore.

After a couple minutes the door opened and my father started making his way into the room.

"Why aren't you dressed?" He asked nonchalantly. It made me sick that he still wouldn't acknowledge me as his daughter.

Part of me was in denial that he even let anyone touch me to begin with.

I guess things changed.

I stared at him in disbelief, my jaw quivering. I was afraid of the man who once made me feel safe.

This man wasn't the man who I knew as my father.

"Wipe that look off of your face, you should be happy to see me." He said as I shook my head, tears trickling down my cheeks.

"I know you think I'm a horrible person, but I'm running a business here." He said and started pacing slowly around the room.

"If you would have made better choices then maybe you wouldn't have gotten caught up in it.
At least you have someone still looking after you." He hummed as a chill of anger crawled up my spine.

"How is this looking out for me?" I whispered shakily. "Oh please, Juliana. Haven't you noticed that we've been giving you your medication?" He asked as I rolled my eyes.

I didn't realize it and I didn't care. He must have been slipping them into my diet somehow but it wasn't a consolation for anything else he was doing.

"I'd rather have multiple seizures a day than spend another second here." I said as he shrugged.

"That's not how that works. Plus, you have nowhere else to go." He said with a small laugh.