110

Colby's POV

I had to admit that I was nervous for Julia to leave the apartment.

I knew I could protect her if she was there,  but things got dicey when we left.

She was being so strong though, and I was beyond proud of her.

I couldn't imagine how scary this step was for her but she was trying and that's all I could ask for.

We left extremely early in hopes that nobody would try to follow us.

I didn't know who was watching and that's what stressed me out.

"Did you want to try and eat?" I asked and focused on the road. "No." Julia said quietly.

"How are you feeling?" I asked and glanced over at her. She was chewing on her sleeve, looking out the window.

"Is it too soon?" Julia asked, quietly. "Yeah, it is and I'm sorry. I just need to get you to a doctor." I said then reached over and offered my hand.

I heard her sigh, hesitating for just a second before she took my hand. "I'm proud of you." I hummed, rubbing my thumb along her hand as I focused on the road.

I don't think I could fully express to her how proud I was of her.

She had been through so much and she was handling it the best she possibly could.

We drove for a while before I stopped and got us some food. I knew it was unlikely that Julia would be able to keep it down, but I at least wanted to try.

It was making me really nervous that her health was so damaged after everything that happened, but I couldn't blame her.

This whole situation was dark.

It took us all day and most of the night before we finally made it to LA.

Julia had gotten sick halfway through and had a couple seizures so it took a little longer than usual.

It didn't matter though, because I would stop a hundred times if it helped her get through this a little easier.

"Did you want to swing by the house and say hi to the girls or do you want to go to where we are staying?" I asked and looked over at Julia.

"Where we're staying." She said with a sigh. I knew she would probably say that because she looked exhausted but I knew the girls were excited to see her.

It broke my heart that she was scared to see them but maybe after a couple days she would feel a little better.

We drove until we got to the property Sam owned in the outskirts of LA.

He was letting Julia and I use it since nobody but him knew where it was or that it belonged to him.

I was grateful for Sam because I didn't feel comfortable bringing Julia to the house to stay at sine everyone knew where it was.

Julia's safety and comfortability was my main concern at this point and I would do anything to make sure she felt at least a little safe.

"Where are we?" Julia asked quietly as I pulled up to the house. "Sam owns this place. I thought it would be a little more comfortable for you. Nobody knows we'll be here." I explained as she nodded.

"Thanks." She whispered then brought her sleeve to her mouth again.

I parked the car, then got out to grab our bags. Julia stayed in the car, looking at me was a scared look in her eye.

I frowned then opened her door, reaching my hand out to her. "We're gonna go in together." I said quietly.

"Do you trust it?" She whispered as I nodded. "I do." I said with confidence.