118

My mind was racing with the fact that Will was alive this entire time. I was so fucked up and in my own head to even ask Colby what happened when I left.

Was my dad really dead this time?

If Will was alive, did that mean that Adam was still alive?

I didn't trust that anyone would be dead after everything that happened with my father.

"Julia." Colby said, breaking me from my thoughts. "Yes?" I asked and looked up at him.

"I have to do some work outside of this room, are you gonna be okay?" He asked as I caught my lip between my teeth.

"Are you going to leave the gun?" I asked as he nodded. "Of course. The door will be locked as well." He said then stood up.

"Okay." I said quietly as he put the gun on the desk in front of me.

"I shouldn't be too long. Then we can get some food and go home." He said as I nodded.

"Okay, please be safe." I said as he nodded and leaned down to kiss me. "I will be." He said then turned to leave the room.

"Uh..wait.." I said quietly, causing him to stop. "You okay?" He asked as frowned. "How did you almost die?" I asked causing him to sigh.

"We can talk about it later, Jules. I'm okay and I will be okay." He explained as I nodded.

I was scared that I almost lost him and that there was a chance that I could have been going through all of this alone.

I knew there wasn't a reason to be so bent out of shape about this, because Colby was standing in front of me unscathed but there was no guaranteeing that he would stay okay.

"I love you, Julia. We will talk about this later." Colby promised then left the room.

I frowned then looked over at the gun that was sitting on the desk. It made me feel weird that it was sitting here, fully loaded and ready to use.

I felt dangerous now.

When I was killing my own father, I felt numb. I was terrified that he wasn't going to die, since clearly the last time he was killed he wasn't actually dead.

Part of me hasn't coped with the idea that my father was officially dead.

It wasn't hard to stomach that idea since I thought he's been dead for years, but the fact I was the one that did it was hard.

I was the one that killed my own father.

He was a horrible person though.

The fact he took my life and made it a personal Hell was horrific. He let men continuously assault me and didn't care that he did it.

He broke me and that's why I had to kill him.

Then there was Will. A man who I have known for my entire life. He had Colby's trust and he had my trust but he did this to us.

I remember him apologizing the first night I was at the house. He knew what he was doing and he knew it was wrong.

So why would he do that?

I sighed then stood up, grabbing the gun and putting it in my waistband. There was no way Colby would be okay with letting me talk to Will.

He was fiercely protective of me which I appreciated but if I was going to get closure about this situation I would have to talk to Will.

I needed answers.

My heart was racing as I walked down the hallway.

I was still struggling with the idea of being alone and not being around Colby but after Colby told me he was almost killed, I was feeling even worse.