124

"What are we doing here?" I asked and looked over at him with tears in my eyes. "You said you wanted to go home, so I took you home." Colby said as he reached for the door handle.

"Colby." I said then sniffled. "Yes, love?" He asked and looked over at me. "You didn't have to do this." I said as he nodded.

"I know. Now come on, I wanna see your house." He said then got out of the car.

I couldn't help but feel the excitement coursing through my veins as I got out of the car. It had been such a long time since I have been here and there were nerves surrounding that fact.

I knew people I didn't know were in my house while I was away. The same guys who had taken me and ripped my life apart.

The fact they were here, learning everything about me made my stomach churn.

"You okay?" Colby asked as he grabbed my hands holding it tightly.

"They were here. How do you know it's safe to be here?" I asked as he led the way towards the front door. "You trust me, right?" He asked as I nodded.

"With my life." I said causing him to grin. "Then just trust me on this one." He said then gestured to the door.

"Uh...fuck. I don't have my keys." I said causing him to purse his lips. "Okay, I'll just break in. No biggie." He said then knelt down and started picking the lock.

"You're hot as fuck." I said causing him to chuckle and look up at me.

"Me breaking into your house is hot? Now I know that you're broken." He said then winked and opened the front door.

"Welcome to my home." I said and looked around the room. It was almost eerie, seeing this place look exactly how it looked when I left it.

I didn't even have a chance to grab anything before leaving for so long.

If only I knew the whirlwind of a journey I would be going on for the next couple months.

"This place is nice." Colby said as I nodded. "Simple. Just the way I like it." I said and looked around.

"Give me a tour." Colby prompted, gesturing around the room. "Okay, uh...well this is the living room." I said and started walking towards the kitchen.

"The kitchen...which isn't anything special." I said with a shrug. "I think those cookies are probably bad." He said and pointed to the container of moldy cookies that were made months ago.

"That's pretty safe to say." I said with a laugh then continued walking.

"Theres a bathroom over there and a little patio through those doors." I said with a shrug.

"Very nice." Colby hummed as we walked towards the stairs. "This is my room." I said and opened the door to reveal the messy room.

It was kinda sad seeing my school supplies scattered around the room.

I wanted to finish school but obviously fell off the face of the earth for a while. Sure, I could go back but it seemed like a waste of time.

Life was never going to be normal for me again.

"Don't be sad, Jules."Colby said and wrapped his arms around me.

"I'm not sad, it's just weird being here. I miss how simple life was when I was here." I said with a sigh then looked up at him.

"It was a sad time in my life, but I don't know. Independence is so beautiful and you don't realize it until it's gone." I said as he leaned down and kissed my head.