115

We spent the rest of the night talking with Sam, Kat, and Stas.

I was so glad that I was getting more comfortable with them because I needed to be surrounded by people who cared for me.

I still had a lot of pent up anxiety and a lot of fear coursing through my veins but I was trying so hard to be normal.

When Sam, Kat, and Stas left I felt the uneasiness creeping up on me.

I think I got more comfortable having more than just one person here with me.

I obviously trusted Colby but it brought back horrible memories to be alone with a guy.

"Jules." Colby said causing me to look up at him. "Sorry." I said quietly. "Don't be sorry, sweetheart. Are you doing okay?" He asked as I nodded.

"I'm fine." I said with a sigh. "I'm so proud of you." He said and walked over to me, sitting on the bed next to me.

I nodded then looked down at my hands, picking at my nails.

"What's going on?" Colby asked gently, reaching for my hand. I sniffled then looked up at him, looking into his eyes.

"I love you." I whispered causing his eyes to soften. "I love you, too. More than you'll ever know." He said then kissed my head.

"We're gonna go home early tomorrow, so we should probably get to bed." Colby said as I nodded.

I was nervous to go to sleep because I knew that there was no way I was going to avoid the nightmares that would ensue.

When we got to the bed, I laid down and cuddled into the blankets. I noticed that Colby wasn't laying next to me or even sitting on the bed.

"Did you want me to lay with you?" He asked as I nodded. "Yeah." I said causing him to smile and sit on the bed.

Once he laid down, I scooted closer to him and laid my head on his chest. We laid in silence for a while before we both fell asleep.

My night of sleep was plagued with bad dreams and cried for help. Colby was so gracious and helpful though which I really appreciated.

We decided after I had woken up for the third time that it would just be better to go home than to keep trying to sleep.

I felt so bad that I kept Colby up most nights. He was always so supportive and didn't seem to care much but I knew he needed to be well rested to do his job.

I was nothing but a distraction to him.

"You okay?" Colby asked gently as we drove down the road. "Yeah." I said as he sighed and reached his hand out.

"When we get back I know things are gonna be hard and that I'll have to work a lot more." He said with a sigh.

"I don't want you to worry about me though. I'm not gonna let anyone hurt or take advantage of us again." He said as I nodded, looking out the window.

I was afraid of someone ripping Colby and I apart again. It seemed like everyone knew how to get to us, and that fact scared me.

There were always snakes, and people out to get Colby.

He was always under so much pressure and now that my safety had been completely taken from me, he had even more.

I saw a fire inside of him, one that wasn't going to go away any time soon.

He was going to fiercely protect me from anyone and anything, even if it meant he was in the crossfires.

Nothing was going to stop him from making sure I wasn't hurt again.