95

"Terrible. Do it again." Adam said as he looked around the room I had cleaned for the fifth time today.

I was on day five of doing this sort of work and every part of me wanted to die.

I still have her to get a rate and although I didn't particularly want one it felt pointless to be here if I was just going to be an abused maid.

"Can you tell me what I did wrong this time?" I mumbled and crossed my arms.

"Figure it out, princess. It's not hard." He said then turned around and left the room.

I groaned and rolled my eyes before turning to clean the already clean room.

I was sick and tired of being treated like trash and I was sick of being here.

It was starting to get to me that I wouldn't feel love or happiness again.

I would never get to sit and listen to the rain while reading a book.

I would never get to wake up in Colby's arms by him kissing me on the forehead.

I would never get to feel love again.

I was scrubbing the floor when I heard talking in the hallway next to me. I must have been going insane because it sounded like someone I knew.

"Angela is a great option. She's blonde and petite." Oliver said as my stomach churned.

"Any brunettes? Darker the hair the better." The other man asked as they walked passed the room I was in.

I felt my heart stop as my eyes met Nate's. I never thought I would see him again.

Wait. How the fuck was he here? He was supposed to be in LA.

Was he betraying Colby also?

"What about her?" Nate hummed and pointed to me. "Juliana has a very long list, and has yet to get a rate. Shouldn't be long though." Oliver said with a sick smile.

"I'll pay above her rate. Any amount of money." Nate said as I swallowed the lump in my throat.

"Interesting proposal. Juliana, go to your room. I need to use this room to discuss things." Oliver said as I nodded and slowly stood up.

I didn't take my eyes off of Nate as he kept the cocky grin plastered on his face.

I couldn't tell if he was actually looking for someone to fuck or if he was on Colby's side.

Either way, I felt sick to my stomach as I made my way back to my room.

When I got inside I started dry heaving, fear climbing up my throat as my body trembled.

The thought that Nate was possibly a part of this made me feel so fucking sick.

Colby trusted these people and they were fucking him over left and right.

I started to walk towards the bed so I could sit but was interrupted by the door opening, causing me to flinch.

"Julia." Jeremy said as my eyes widened. "What are you doing here?" I asked and flinched back.

I wasn't usually afraid of Jeremy but I was so traumatized after everything I didn't know who to trust.

"I'm not gonna hurt you." Jeremy said and held his hands up, showing he didn't have a weapon and wasn't going to do anything.

"How could you do this to Colby?" I whispered shakily. "He knows I'm here, Jule. Well, I guess not technically yet but it doesn't matter. We don't have a lot of time." He said as my eyes watered.