92

Colby's POV

"When are people coming?" Sam asked as I drove to the house we were having the party tonight at.

"I don't know. When they show up." I said and focused on the road. "Jake, Corey, and Nate will be here with the girls soon." He said as I nodded.

"Great. Kat and the girls can help set up." I said causing him to laugh. "I doubt they'll want to help you." He said as I shrugged.

"Probably not." I said then pulled into the driveway. I was excited to have a party tonight because it would feel like things were a little more normal.

I missed Julia every day and I wished she would come back. I wished she would realize how bad of a mistake she made.

I was happy she was free though.

She deserved to have a normal life and be away from all of this.

It didn't mean it hurt any less though.

When we got inside I looked around to see the state of the place.

I obviously couldn't hold a party in my one bedroom apartment, so I had to rent a house.

Even if I did have a house I probably wouldn't have a party there since people loved to start shit.

People were still out to get me. I couldn't be too careful.

"Jeff should be here with the drugs and alcohol." I said and walked around. "I might order a pizza or twelve." I said causing him to chuckle.

"Okay. Sounds like a good idea." He said then checked his phone.

"They're here." He said then went towards the front door. "Great." I said then checked my phone.

I had a couple people messaging me about coming to the party so I responded to them before finding myself looking at the text thread between Julia and I.

I thought about messaging her just to check on her but before I could someone was hugging me.

"Hi, Jake." I mumbled and put my phone away. "I'm sorry about your breakup." He said as I shrugged.

"It's fine." I said then looked over at everyone. Sam was giving Kat a kiss before hugging her.

I felt my heart sink slightly, which sucked because I didn't want to hate love. I didn't want to feel envious of my best friend for being in love.

It wasn't their fault that Julia fell out of love with me.

"Did you want me to help you set up?" Nate asked as I nodded. "Yeah, if you want." I said then turned to go into a kitchen.

People would be getting here soon so I needed to get things ready.

I ended up ordering a bunch of pizzas and other snacks. By the time I was done ordering them, Jeff was back with the drugs and alcohol.

"Thank fuck." I said then grabbed a bottle of vodka, opening it so I could take a shot.

"Starting early, boss?" Jeff asked with a laugh. "Yeah." I said then took a swig of the bottle.

"Colby, someone's here for you." Kat said as she walked into the kitchen with Stas. "Okay." I said with a sigh.

"And Colby?" Kat asked as I passed her. "Yes?" I asked and turned to her. "I don't think she really left you." She said as I nodded.

"Glad you think that." I mumbled then went to find the person who was looking for me.

"Mr. Brock." Noah, one of my gang members, said as I walked over. He was typically head of security in the gang so I assumed that's what he was here to talk about.