93

I couldn't feel anything.

The drugs were coursing through my veins as I stared up at the ceiling.

I still haven't had to sleep with anyone but Adam made it very clear that tonight would be the night.

Today was the day I was going to be meeting Joey. He put prices on the girls and was the puppet master to this whole thing. I wasn't allowed to be touched until I was given my rate.

The whole situation made me feel sick to my stomach.

I wanted to find a gun or weapon, because if I could do that I would have no problem getting out.

I didn't care that I would have to kill these people, I just couldn't find the means of getting said weapon.

Most of the time I was completely alone. When someone would come get me, they would have their weapons stowed away.

Only Oliver was allowed to use his. The girls were treated like precious cargo most of the time since our faces and bodies were product and the only means of money.

Sure, Adam beat the shit out of me from time to time but it was because I didn't have a rate yet. Even if I had bruises all over my body it didn't matter.

That was until tonight.

I was glad I was high right now. I wouldn't have to feel the impending doom of the situation looming behind me. There was no saving me unless I could get my hands on a gun.

It seemed impossible.

I was able to get my hands on a gun when I was with Colby and his gang.

They were much more open to pulling them out, and in some of their cases they were just simply bad at hiding them.

Colby was soft for me from the beginning. One bat of an eyelash and he was mostly distracted, but these guys were hard and held themselves differently.

It was like I was finally on the other side of the violence.

This is how Colby came off to everyone else in the crime world. He was strong and determined and always had things planned out. At least that was before I came into the picture.

I was nothing but a distraction for him and for that reason I was happy to be away from him. He wouldn't be killed because of me and the love he had for me.

He wouldn't know that my life was essentially over, and that I would never feel even a second of real love again.

As long as he was safe, I was okay with it.

"Julia." Will said, bringing me out of my thoughts. "Is it time?" I asked, my voice barely a whisper.

"For what?" He asked as I sat up, giggling at the swimminess in my mind.

"For me to meet the king of sex traffickers and get my rate?" I asked as he shook his head.

"You're not getting a rate today." He said as I scrunched my brow. "Why?" I asked as he sat down.

"He's busy today." He said with a shrug. "I thought I was meant to make a lot of money for you guys." I mumbled, my head aching.

"He needs to meet you to give you a rate. So until he can meet you, you won't have one." He said as I nodded.

"So..until then you'll need to do some chores around here." He said as I narrowed my eyes. "Freedom around the house?" I asked as he shook his head.

"Don't try anything, Julia. Please." He said as I clenched my jaw. "What are they gonna do? Kill me?" I asked as he nodded.