9

Colby's POV

"Is that who I think it is?" A deep voice asked from behind me as I finished pouring myself a drink.

We were in the full swing of this party at this point so most of the people were either tipsy or on some sort of substance.

I turned around to see Max standing in front of me, his arm draped around a hot blonde.

"Caught me." I said blandly then took a sip of my drink.

"Sam told me you were in the slammer. When did you get out?" He asked as I chuckled.

"Just yesterday." I said then looked at the blonde next to him. She was looking at me with a smirk, then winked when I actually looked at her face.

I grinned back then licked my lips and looked at Max once again.

"When can we expect you back in charge?" He asked then took a sip of his drink.

"Never." I said then looked around to see if anyone else was around. This conversation was boring me and I wanted to get away.

"You still with your girl?" Max asked as I clenched my jaw.

"No." I said possibly a little too fast. "Ah. I see." He said as I nodded. "Yeah. Mind your business, Max. You were never good at that." I said then looked at the girl he was with.

"If you want to actually have a good time, let me know." I said then turned and walked away.

I heard Max start to talk to me but I ignored him and went back into the crowd.

I needed to do some sort of drug since I was entirely too sober.

I made my way to the dining room where people were doing lines of coke.

Perfect.

"Colby!" Nate said as he looked up at me. "Hey, man. Long time no see." I said and gave him a bro handshake.

"How've you been?" He asked as I racked up. "Busy. Glad to be here though." I said then snorted the crystallized substance.

"We miss having you around, that's for sure." Nate said as I grinned. "Sam's doing a good job." I said as he nodded.

"Yeah, he's great. You put the gang in the right hands." He said as Sam came over.

"Speak of the devil." Nate said as Sam clapped his hand on my shoulder.

"Having fun?" He asked as I nodded. "Yeah, man." I said then sniffled, getting the excess coke into my system.

"Want to go outside for a smoke?" Sam asked as I nodded. "Always." I said then grabbed my pack of cigarettes.

We started going through the crowd, being stopped every couple minutes by random guys.

It annoyed me that everyone wanted to talk about work because I was here to escape it. This wasn't a banquet this was a party.

We should have been having a good time.

"Sam!" Katrina slurred as she stumbled over to him. "Hey, baby. You okay?" He asked and wrapped his arm around her.

"I missed you." She said and kissed him on the cheek.

"I missed you too, Kat." I said with a laugh causing her to glare at me.

"Not you. You make my boyfriend work more." She said and pouted her lip. "Sorry about that." I said and pursed my lips.

"We're gonna go outside, wanna join?" Sam asked as Katrina shook her head.