117

Colby's POV

Anger coursed through my veins as Julia stiffened next to me.

Her face went pale as I clenched my jaw and reached over, slamming the door of the room Will was in.

"I'm sorry, sir." Jason said as I clenched my jaw. "Jeremy's office. Now." I said angrily as he nodded and turned to go down the hall.

Once he was out of sight, I turned to Julia. "I'm so sorry, Julia." I said as she blinked slowly, fear in her eyes.

"He's...alive?"Julia whispered as I nodded. "Come on, love." I said then led her down the hallway.

I wanted to explain my reasoning but I wanted to do it in private.

"Colby." Julia whimpered, causing me to turn. "It's all gonna be okay, sweetheart. Please just trust me." I begged as she frowned.

I could see the fear and panic in her eyes, which shattered my heart.

Julia has been so strong, and she was taking so many steps forward that it was hard to see her take another step back.

When we got to my office I locked the door, then turned to Julia. "I thought he was dead." Julia whispered as I shook my head.

"Not yet. He saved my life when Adam was about to kill me." I explained, holding her face in my hands.

"What?" Julia asked as her eyes welled with tears. "When I went to the house to get you." I explained causing her to take a step away from me.

"Why didn't you tell me?" She asked with hurt in her voice. "It never came up." I said as she shook her head.

I could see the pain in her eyes as she took a step back from me, pulling the IV post with her.

"Really, Jules?" I asked as she clenched her jaw. "Don't call me that." She said then sat down.

"I didn't tell you because you were already traumatized what good would it have been to tell you?" I asked with annoyance.

I understood that she was scared to death of me dying or getting hurt, but in that moment it wasn't something I felt I needed to tell her.

She didn't answer me, grabbing her art supplies so she could keep drawing.

"Fine." I grumbled then turned to leave the room. I had to go talk to Jason and eventually Will.

I didn't like that Julia was upset with me but I guess I could understand where she was coming from. It didn't make it any less annoying.

I locked the door then made my way to Jeremy's office where he and Jason were. "Mr. Brock, I'm sorry. " Jason said as I shook my head.

"What were you doing going in there?" I asked blandly. "That's my bad." Jeremy said, looking up from his screen.

"Asked him to go check to make sure he was there." Jeremy said as I narrowed my eyes. "You don't make those calls." I said as he sighed.

"I know. I'm sorry, I just haven't had a second to stop working." He said then turned his computer screen.

I did feel bad that I was making him work so much. He was genuinely the only one I trusted in this gang right now.

Even now I was a little nervous about trusting him so much.

If he was willing to let Jason go into the room Will was in, who else was he trusting?

"Unacceptable." I said then looked at Jason. "You are to never go in there no matter who asks you to. Understand?" I asked and raised my brows at him.