46 Mae Sai

On the weekend of the penultimate week in June, Xiaxia ended the courses and examinations of the international summer camp.

As soon as the exam was over, Xia Xia went back to her room and called home. It was Sama who answered the phone. Her gentle voice asked Xia Xia Xin if she hadn't worked hard and if she was homesick. The little girl burst into tears. "Mom, I miss you and Dad."

Hearing her daughter acting like a baby over there, she felt distressed and cute.

"Xia Xia, it's grandpa's birthday at the end of the month. Dad hasn't come back yet. Mom will go there together when he comes back." Sama said, "You are in Chiang Rai now, right?"

Xia Xia nodded and said yes.

The sports competition is held at the Santiburi Chiang Rai Country Course in Chiang Rai, which is a large-scale golf course that has been in operation since 1992. One of the main examination items for the international summer camp sports competition is golf.

After the exams, the summer camp will be organized back to Bangkok, but it is only an hour's drive from Mae Sai Town, where the old man Saibong lived, much closer than going from Bangkok.

Sama was reluctant to let Xiaxia go back and forth, so she asked: "Then can you go to grandpa's place by yourself? If possible, mom will contact the teacher."

"Of course, mom, then I will go to grandpa's place first and wait for you Come here with Dad."

Although she left home alone this time, although she experienced danger, Xia Xia felt that she had grown a lot. When Sama heard her daughter say this, she was relieved and gave some more advice on the phone. The mother and daughter hung up the phone, and Sama contacted the teacher of the summer camp. The teacher was responsible and bought a ticket for Xia Xia to Mae Sai, and explained a lot of safety issues that should be paid attention to in detail. Xia Xia got into the car before leaving.

An hour sounds like a long time, but it's not. Xia Xia squinted in the car for a while, and when she opened her eyes again, it was already there.

When she got out of the car, she saw a young Thai boy not far away.

He held up a sign with her name written in Thai and Chinese, and a big Wee in English to say welcome, with a puppy picture crudely drawn on the edge of the sign. The man also saw the girl with the luggage at a glance. He grinned, his dark brown skin and white teeth were in stark contrast, and he ran over quickly to take what Xia Xia was holding.

She had never seen this man before, the girl took a step back warily, looked at the sign in his hand, and then at him.

The young man also saw her concern, and immediately explained that the old man asked him to pick it up. Said that her mother called the old man and told Xia Xia to come from Chiang Rai.

The explanation in a few sentences reassured Xia Xia, and she looked at the puppy pictured on the sign again, and couldn't help laughing, she was no longer a child.

Coming to Mae Sai again, it was roughly similar to the vague appearance in her memory.

Sai Peng also settled down here later, and Xia Xia only came here two or three times, and they were all when she was a child. In the past, my father always came by himself, and rarely brought my mother with her. My grandfather's appearance was a bit vague in my memory, but every year on my grandfather's birthday, the grandparent and grandson would talk on the phone.

In Xia Xia's impression, grandpa was not as scary as others said at all, he always talked to her with a smile.

As the smallest town in northern Thailand, Mae Sai is not a big place, and there is only one named road in total, leading to Jieqiao. Most of the shops and stalls in the small town are near the river and close to the main road, distributed on both sides. Crowded and crowded, making the road look narrower.

Although it is such a small and inconspicuous town, it occupies a very special geographical location.

The Boundary Bridge is also equivalent to the northernmost gate of Thailand. Under the bridge is a tributary of the Mekong River, across the river from Myanmar and Laos. It has also become the only way for Thailand and Myanmar to enter the Golden Triangle in both directions.

Along the way, Xia Xia could see people and cars coming and going in the wholesale market at Mae Sai Port, and she could also see the Thai military conducting strict checks on vehicles coming from Myanmar from a distance.

She had seen these sights when she was a child.

However, she did not interrupt the chatter of the young man next to him. This man even introduced himself. He was working beside Grandpa, and his name was Mei Jin. Both Thai and Chinese are spoken very standard. Xia Xia saw that he was thin and young, so he didn't look like...

"Here we are!"

Mei Jin pointed to the front, "The old man is still busy."

Xia Xia looked over and saw a stall near the roadside , the weather is hot, the oven is directly across the street, near the river, there are many small tables and chairs, there are many people around the oven, there are men and women, old and young, Xia Xia approached Only then did I see clearly that it was a grilled fish stall.

The one who was grilling fish was an old man who looked to be in his sixties, wearing a clean white sleeveless shirt, holding an old-fashioned cattail fan in his hand, and there were seven or eight fish grilled on the oven in front of him. big fish.

The girl's beautiful eyes widened. Obviously, she didn't expect that Sai Peng, one of the top drug lords in the Golden Triangle, was selling grilled fish on the street.

And the way the fish is grilled looks very professional, with one hand fanning the smoke and the other hand sprinkling the fish, and finally taking the lottery and putting it on the plate in one go, and I still don't forget to talk about it with the diners.

The young man who came to pick her up, Meijin, was just like what Xia Xia thought, he was indeed not a thug or a gang member, he was purely a part-time worker at Sai Peng's grilled fish stall.

Seeing several grilled fish coming out in succession, Mei Jin put Xia Xia's luggage on the ground, ran over to wash the handle in front of the faucet, handed the plate to the old man familiarly, and served grilled fish to the guests.

All the grilled fish from the new batch were served on the table, so that the people who made the grilled fish could rest.

He picked up the white towel on his shoulders and wiped his sweat. Xia Xia saw the backs of his sweaty hands wrinkled and bursting with blood vessels. She walked over and called out "Grandpa" obediently.

When Sai Peng took a look, he recognized his granddaughter at a glance. He was so busy just now that he didn't even realize that Megan had come back to serve the dishes. Seeing the clean girl standing there calling grandpa, Sai Peng was very happy, and the hand holding the fan waved at Xia Xia, "Come here!"

Xia Xia obediently stepped forward, and Sai Peng even raised his hand to compare, exaggerating: "Oh, why have you grown so tall? It used to be so small."

He also found something out of his pocket, squinted his eyes and said : "Xiao Xiaxia, take a look, don't you?" What

Xia Xia saw was an old and faded photo, on which her mother was holding her, and she was only four or five years old at that time. The photo will be like this, it should be It has been dug out and seen many times.