163 Mind-wandering

"Okay, Mr. Zhou." The person who spoke was the legal counsel of the project team and the general manager.

Zhou Yinkun glanced at him, then opened the materials that had been placed on the table. Mike Chen, a Chinese-American, once worked for Simpson Thacher, one of the top law firms in the United States.

Most of the people present are foreigners, and Mike defaults to speaking in English.

"I believe that the goal of everyone sitting here is very clear, so I won't go into details and go straight to the point." "

As we all know, drugs come from war. Take the United States as an example. After the Civil War, seriously injured soldiers used morphine to relieve pain, which directly led to the end of the 19th century. The United States has become a major drug importer. In 1897, the "analgesic" with a stronger effect than morphine was developed. The word means a hero."

Speaking of this, Mike smiled: "Yes, this 'hero' made the number of drug addicts in the United States soar in the 20th century. Even the ration packs distributed by the federal government to each soldier will have ten Amphetamine sulfate. After the Vietnam War, the 'hero' became marijuana, a more affordable 'hero'. Since then, the drug has gradually become a cultural symbol and a popular trend." "Followed by

the The President of the White House started a series of anti-drug measures. At the peak, the U.S. government spent as much as 292 million U.S. dollars a year on anti-drugs. However, drugs from Southeast Asia and Latin America still swept across the United States, and the governments of these regions themselves You can't do it with drugs."

"Obviously, drugs have become a trend. This 'hero' provides an irresistible high, soothes the body and the soul." Mike said, "So it's popular and banned. Want to force To eliminate this 'hero' is to fight against 200 million 'supporters' around the world, which is not an easy task."

Hearing this, the corners of Zhou Yinkun's lips curled up.

Money is a wonderful thing.

It is a cruel exploitation that can make top lawyers confuse black and white with eloquence, and call the prohibition of drugs a perverse act. It is estimated that the next sentence will say that drug prohibition deprives drug users of their human rights to pursue happiness. This really corresponds to the Chinese saying "money can make ghosts turn the mill".

It seems to be straight to the point, but in fact it is just an opening statement to beautify the purpose of the establishment of the medical team and please the boss.

This set of rhetoric commonly used by Yankees can be used to bluff people, but it is not necessary in front of Zhou Yinkun. He only wants to hear what is most useful.

Seeing that Zhou Yinkun didn't react after listening, Mike paused, and continued: "Currently countries around the world, especially the big drug-consuming countries led by the United States, Uruguay, and the Netherlands, have proposed proposals to legalize drugs. In fact, drugs have been banned repeatedly. The reason is that the ingredients it contains do have irreplaceable medical therapeutic effects." "

Therefore, even if drug abuse is included in the scope of illegality, it cannot completely prevent drug abuse. Doctors can prescribe drugs of the same nature as drugs under the premise of treatment." Prescription drugs, the most common ones are synthetic opioids like fentanyl. Even if I don't understand medicine, I know very well that such gray drugs are drugs if used too little, and drugs when used too much." After speaking, Mike looked

at Dr. Thompson sitting opposite.

The other party nodded in agreement, looked at Zhou Yinkun again, and said with a strong Californian accent: "Yes, so the easiest way to start is the dosage."