123 Fighting Back

A pair of strong hands helped her up, and picked up the coat that fell on the ground and put it on her.

Xia Xia met Wei Yan's eyes, "Brother Awei?"

She subconsciously looked at the Filipino maid's room first, but there was no movement inside, so she lowered her voice: "Why are you here so late?

" She was wearing a coat, and looked down at the abdomen she was covering: "Stomach pain?"

Xia Xia blushed and nodded.

Wei Yan saw the painkillers on the table, he helped Xiaxia sit on the sofa, and then walked towards the dining room. The small kitchen is open and connected to the dining room.

Xia Xia saw him pick up the kettle next to him, clean it, pour in pure water, and turn on the fire.

She felt something was wrong. When he came back today, he parked his car across the road first to avoid being seen coming back together. And now, at such a late hour, he appeared here. Xia Xia pursed her lips, and asked again: "Is there something urgent?"

Wei Yan turned his back to her, and paused when he heard this, "Yeah."

He did have something to ask her, when he saw her curled up Before squatting on the ground, he was hesitant outside whether to go in, after all, it was too late, and going in rashly would scare her.

"What's the matter?" she asked from the sofa.

The water was boiling and there was no sign of boiling. Wei Yan turned around and saw Xia Xia was looking at him, so he walked over.

Xia Xia thought he was going to sit on the sofa, and moved to the side. Unexpectedly, Wei Yan came over, squatted down on one knee in front of her, and looked up to meet her eyes.

This distance is closer than sitting together. Xia Xia's palms were a little sweaty.

"Zhou Yinkun was arrested by the police."

Hearing that Xia Xia's eyes were full of astonishment, she paused for a few seconds before asking: "Today, is it today?"

Wei Yan stared at her. People's first reaction is always the most authentic. Judging from the subtle expressions and eyes, she didn't know beforehand, it seemed that she didn't know that Zhou Yinkun would be arrested.

Could it be... he was wrong.

"Yes." He replied, "Did he tell you anything before, such as who can you go to if you need something when he is away?"

Xia Xia shook her head, "I haven't seen my little uncle these two days. He was arrested for something, will... is there anything wrong?"

At this time, the sound of boiling water came from the direction of the kitchen, Wei Yan got up and went to turn off the fire, then took out a clean cup, poured cold purified water and The freshly boiled water is mixed together, and the temperature is just right for the mouth.

He brought the water and handed it to Xia Xia along with the medicine on the table.

Swallowing the pills with hot water warmed my body a little. Xia Xia drank the whole glass of water in her hand. Seeing her pale face, Wei Yan didn't ask any more questions, but said, "I don't know the details. It's too late today, so you should rest first." Xia Xia was really sad

, She put down the glass: "Then I'll go back to my room first."

Wei Yan watched her get up, her figure was still thin and weak in her coat, she walked up the stairs slowly while holding on to the handrail. The steps are small, and the pain is severe.