Part 14

"Maika, we need to assemble at the mosque. We need to discuss our data"I nodded when Suguru stop me just to tell this after our dinner end. I prepare all of paper which we used to write the data and then go to the mosque. This mosque located beside female dorm, so I just need little time to go there.

"You bring the data?"

"Yes, not clean. But I think it's can be read" I give Hirata bunch of paper which contain our data and look around. Ah, there are Sakura team too at this place. Suddenly, I am feeling bitter just realizing this. He always had many luck with her, isn't it?

"Where the others? I need to call Matilda too?" I said that cause just three of us there from our team.

"No need. We just need you to clarify data"

"Mmm, okay" I know it's crazy to feeling happy with Hirata words, but still I am feeling bit special with his words. Just me.

"What is this, Maika?"

"Let me see. 67 degree I think" I sit beside Hirata and Suguru sit in front of the laptop. At the left of Hirata who sit between us. So, when he call me like that, our position is close to each other. I can even smell his soap fragrant.

"How is it? Our data still safe?" Both of us look at each other in the eyes. But I am too nervous made long eye contact with him, so I look away, see at laptop direction.

"Hmm, we need to wait until Suguru convert our data to that application"

"What do you think, Maika? We need to go back to our place if our data messed up"

"Eh, really? It's must be tough" I look at Hirata again. Trying my best to give him feedback for his comment.

"That's why we need to evaluate it faster before it's turn out wrong"Suguru press laptop keyboard and trying hard process our data into map.

"But we can manipulate that data, so its still can be formed a shape"

"Today just soo tired, right?"

"We will climb track three tomorrow. Its most be more tough than today"

"Really?"I give my respond to his explanation immediately. If it's not him, I will not even care with their talk, honestly.

"How's you team, Maika?"Fifi ask me when I am still in conversation with Hirata and Suguru. She is one team with Sakura, so her calls just made me nervous about Sakura who will join our conversation.

"Its tired for sure" I feeling like my voice tone became bit lower than before. I peek at Hirata face and he seems interested with our talk. Or maybe he just being happy cause he will have conversation with Sakura?

"You go through same direction or reversed?"Hirata ask that. Team in our peer divide with 2 route. From start point to finish point or reversed than that. But today we don't see other team in our track. But maybe tomorrow we will meet with them cause after all we are team with same route but maybe start from different point.

"Same direction" Fifi answer that and Sakura who just sit there look at our way. Hhh, I am done. He did that to attract her attention. Amazing. I hope I have spirit like him towards person I like.

"Maika, what is this? Maika?"

"Yes?" I look at Suguru who look at me confused. I just back to reality again. This is bitter. Really. Because now, Hirata already talk with Fifi team. With enthusiasm.

"Where? Let me see" Now it's just me and Suguru who evaluate our paper. And there are laughing sound behind us. Hirata still sit in his position but his attention already focused to their talk. With Fifi team. To Sakura.

After some hours, finally our evaluating tasks finished. I gather our paper again and prepare to leave.

"Maika, tell this to Matilda. We need to get ready after breakfast. We will climb together with Sakura team"I sighed heavily for what Hirata said to me.

"Okay" After I said that, he go to Fifi team. Fucking. This is just fucking hilarious. He can't even send me to my dorm. My plan to go back together just ruined.

"What's wrong, Maika? Let's go. I will accompany you until your dorm" Suguru already hold his laptop in his chest. Ready to go.

"Don't worry. I just need to walk a bit until my dorm"

"Don't said that. Let's walk together" He wait in front of mosque door. I look at Hirata for a moment and then walk behind Suguru now.

"Is it tired? Today"

"Not really"

"You did great job for assisting today, Maika. Its helpfull to have you as data writer. Work hard tomorrow too, okay?" I look at him. Hear this word from him not really give me butterfly or amazing feeling at all. Just flat.

"Yeah, you too. Thank you for your hard work"

"You sound soulless"We already in front of girl dorm when he said that. I don't know why but I don't have good mood now to said anything for his complaint.

"I am tired. Maybe. Oh yeah, thank you for accompany me"

"Don't worry. Its good if you can smile from time to time. I know we are not close as elementary friends but it's must be good if we can be close from now on. You know, as hometown friends. I hope you don't forget, many times we go back together right? When holiday? You rarely talk to others. Its bit surprised me how you talk often today"I freeze for some moment in my place. Digest his words. And I hope it's just flat confession not special one. I don't wanna have other weird relationship with him after all.

"Sorry" I just can said that. I wanna this talk just ended faster. I am tired after our tight schedule measurement activity. But cause I wanna see Hirata too tonight, that's why I am trying hard be present in our group discussion. But for what happens, it's just give me bad mood again.

"You don't have to apologize. Just wanna talk with you about that. I wanna have solid friendship with our hometown friends. That's why"

"Yeah, I will try. Can I go inside now? I am tired. Sorry"He smile and then go to his dorm direction. I move my body and walk to my room with something in my heart. Something which messing up.