Part 16

So, after that little moment, I continue stand beside him with complicated mind. I wanna asked many thing for what happen before, like his intention. And that mind just naturally made me peek many times at him.

"67 degree"

"Ah yeah" Hirata look at me when I am stuttered when answer his word.

"You seems puzzled" I look at him who talking while manage tools position, so he can bring it without brake it.

"Hmm, nothing" We look at each other for a moment and then goes back to keep quiet again. Hhh, I said I wanna talk to him, but 'I have too much pride to talk about this' or 'it's too much burden for him to handle my question' across my mind. I am scared, thinking about that consequence.

"Oh really, it's like you have something you wanna ask me? You look at me many times, or maybe just my imagination?" He look at me before bring measure tools. I just follow him behind with bitter feelings. Yeah, I wanna but I dont have courage being honest with you. I wanna said this, but my word always in the edge of my lips.

"Talk now, cause maybe Suguru will take his turn after 3 point" I am gulping in my place. Suguru bit afar from us. But Hirata tone when talk just too cold for me, I don't know he really mean his words or not. I am confused.

"78 degree" Still left 2 point now. I am feeling like I can't breathe normally when he look at me in the eyes after give me our point coordinate.

"It's like I wanna talk?" I said that to him with calm manner. I see him bit surprised but then he just being busy again with his tools.

"It's not problem if you don't wanna talk. It's just my assumption"

"But why you always stand next to me even after we finish our measurements? You can just walking ahead. That's what I see when you did this with Suguru" He talk again after being keep silent. Listen to his words just made me soo nervous, it's like people caught hands on you in the place. It's embarrassing for me. I am scared for what word he will throw again after that.

"You don't like it?" We look at each other eyes again. I am feeling a tense between us. This is seriously made me wanna hit my self soo hard. Why I need to voice my feeling that out. How if he find out? My question just too direct? Or not? I am never had experience with moment like this.

"It's not like I hate it. But if you have something you wanna talk about. You can said it" I follow his steps from behind when he start bring our tools again. But then, he adjust his step and walk beside me, it's made me almost jump in my place and just turned down my head. This is unpredictable. What happen actually at that route before. From that climbing activities, I am feeling like he just being bit active at me. Like he is approaching me now? What with this heck doing now? Or maybe he just wanna play with my feeling like what Takagi does before?

"It's must be happy can help Sakura, right? In that ramps? You must be happy"My low self confidence just made me let out that question. He must be annoyed. I know, but I can't be honest with him.

"You asked that, or you mocked me?"His gaze just fill with many emotion which I can't even translate all of them. For sure it's has regret in it.

"Of course no. It's same with congratulations word" I am lied. It's part of my jealously. I know my tone when said that. It's have annoyed feeling in it.

"Hhh, you know the person I wanna help first"He said that after position measurement tools again. I bit surprised with his word and wondering how I can reply to that.

"85 degrees"

"Okay" I just write it down that number. There are not word comes to my brain after what he said.

"Be careful. There are many stone in your way" He bring that tools again and walk bit ahead of me.

Like hell. Why he suddenly pay attentions to me? What his intention? There are many stone in the way too yesterday and the day before yesterday, why you need to tell that now?

That mind just come to me. Made me annoyed and upset. I dont know his intention, I dont like being rushed with many idea at same day, he just made me confused. He can just said he is happy when he can help Sakura, it's better than made me confused and have high hope again.

"But you must be happy, right?" I am walking beside him, almost run. He realized I am beside him and slowing down his steps. We just have one point left and I just feeling rage than happy with that moment.

"Not really. She has many people who will help her after all"We arrived at our point, before Suguru will replace Hirata again. He settle the tools and start measure the point now.

"Haha, then if it's just you there, it's must be critical, right?"I am laughed to masking my annoyance

"98 degree"

"Not really. I am not focusing on help her that time"I am just quiet again. Why you need to give me that answer? It's must be happy for you toying with people heart? That idea enough to made me annoyed. I dont know it's cause tiredness or annoyed feeling I have. For sure, his answer, more than give me happiness, it's made me confused.

"Just said you are happy with that. Why you need to denying that. After all, you like Sakura"I look at him with serious look. I am even feeling angry while said that.

"Haaah, it's not related. We talk about what happen in that uphill. Not my feeling for her" He raise his tone to me. He is annoyed. I know that for sure. Why can't I even act normally with him? We look like fighting now. I am tired already. This is not what I want while at one team with him in the first place. I wanna create good memories at least.

"But you like her" He is being quiet with my statement. I hit the target.

"Then let me tell you, I come back to help you, not her" We look at each other again. Why? That's question haunt me. But I can't voice it out and just stand in my place, drawn to how he look at me now.

"Hey, what's happen?"Suguru made our moment stopped. I look at my paper board and focus on that to avoid this awkardness.

"Suguru, can I take tools holder a bit longer?"We look at each other when he said that. I am to be honest surprised with that. I mean, he wanna talk more? I am not in a good mood to talk about my feeling now. Ugh.

"Dont you feel tired? You can rest a little, you know"

"Dont worry, I am still okay" No, dont. I left a heavy breathe now for what Hirata said.

"Hmm, then okay for me"We peek at each other when Suguru come to me after said that. Hirata back touch his tools after got caught peek at me.

"But Maika, can you switch position with Matilda? She said she wanna at least one time being a writer. It's bit bored for her, always hold that pillar measurement" Oh, nice chance.

"Yeah, okay. I will give this to Matilda" I can feel confusing look in Hirata eyes. Whatever, for now I wanna avoid his serious confused talk again.

"So, Hirata you stay here with Matilda, okay?"

"Hmm, okay" I just hear that convo before I am taking my way to Matilda position. I am waiting for his explanation about Sakura, but at the same times, I dont know why I am scared to predict what words he will said to me. It's creep me out.

"Hhh, I am just a loser. I am scared even before fighting. Soo stupid" I said that to my self when no one around.