Part 56

On Weekend...

"Sorry, you waited too long?"I said that when I saw Suguru waiting for me at the Minimarket near our school. We promised to meet there last night.

"No. I still have breakfast with bread. You want some?"I take one of it from the table. I sigh a little. Having a thought. Well, after many consideration, I prefer not to join in Hirata's game. I'm already saying that to Hirata through message, saying I can't go as I have some business. I don't say I'm going with Suguru for sure.

"Are you sure you're okay with this, Suguru? Don't have other appointment?"I said that in between my chewing activities. He looked at me in dazed and I realized that.

"What?"

"Nothing. I just think you're misunderstanding me, Maika. If you ask me, even I have another business, of course I would choose you"I frozen in my place and look at another place. This is what makes them different. Suguru always walks straight, while Hirata hesitates to take a step.

"Thank you"He gets up and messes up with my hair.

"What are you talking about? To be honest, I'm happy now"I smiled too when Suguru looked at me with a shy expression. I don't know this is right or not to use Suguru accompanying me to avoid Hirata. If he knew, maybe he would hate me for it. Maybe its better to be honest with him.

"Let's go"

"Oh, O - okay"Both of us rode public transportation until arrived at the big Mall in our town. I walk around with Suguru, he says he wants to buy a watch. After finishing walking around the Mall, we sat in the restaurant.

"Are you tired?"

"No. You have a picky taste, didn't you?"Both of us laughing as remember how we need to walk from one store to another, just for a watch. 

"Thanks to you, I got it"

"You like it?"

"Whatever you choose, it's looks good on me"I laugh and look away from him. Does he want to flirt with me?

And waiter come and we order the food. Both of us waiting while still talking about his taste on watch.

"You seems obsessed with that thing"I talk while drinking in between. We buy a drink before shopping and I still have it.

"Not really. I just suddenly look at people wearing it and want to have it. Doesn't it look good on me?"I smile a little big. He still seems confused again?

"It's good. But it's a bit pricey"

"I got a pocket money, Maika"

"From you parents?"

"Yes from them, but I got it too when I did a part time job when our holiday last time. I put it on my bank account"Hmm. Our food was even bought by him. Is it okay? I stared at him nervously.

"Are you thinking about how can I pay for this food again?"I grin and avoid his eyes. Since when can he read me?

"You're scared me"He giggled for my words.

"Well, its understandable. I like you, so it's like my natural habit to pay attention to your expression or move. It's become easy to read you, especially when you're sad. Maybe as I don't like when you feel like that"His words make me feel more guilty.

"Hmm. Suguru, about today. I mean, it's bit -"I'm holding back. Trying to search for a good word to describe my intention to invite him to accompany me.

"You mean your intention? I know"

"You read my mind again?"I looked at him in horror. And he just got a laugh for that.

"Not too. I heard from our other friends. Well, they're going to the beach today, right? Included that guy"So, he knows. I look away again, feels guilty.

"They invited me too. One of them"Who? I feel curious, but then kept my mouth silent. It's not my business. I am gulping.

"Sorry. I take away your opportunity to have fun"

"Haha. Hilarious! Of course not. To be honest, I feel relieved. I don't want to be there too, but didn't have a reason"

"So, what did you say to them?"

"I have someone who invited me first?"Hah? Did he told about me? I widened my eyes.

"Haha. Of course I didn't say that. I am lying"I let out a big sighs.

"Damn it you!"

"I just need to said I have a business to manage. That easy"

"It's gotta be chaotic if you say your word before"I lean on the chair when our order finally comes. Both of us say thank you for the waiter. I ordered a pasta and lemonade tea. It's delicious. I like my choice.

"You seem to enjoy it. I thought you would be depressed by that guy going to another place without inviting you"I stopped eating.

"Well, actually"I bite my lips. But then, prefer to tell the truth.

"He invited me to go with him"I took a spoon of my food again.

"But you prefer not to go? Are you sure?"Why does he ask me like that? I stare at him.

"You want me to go there?"

"No no. You misunderstood my question. I just wonder why do you prefer not coming with him"Suguru stare at me, wait for an answer. I let out a sigh, my hands are already on the table now.

"Dunno. Maybe I just feel a bit enough with him?"I look at Suguru and he let out a big sigh.

"I think you would say your feelings changed for him"Ah. Suddenly, I forced my smile for his words.

"Sorry. I think I did some wrong things about you. I mean, it's like I am using you?"

"Don't worry. Even if that's the real feeling you feel right now, I'm still okay. In the end, you accompanying me to buy a watch too"Weird thing is Suguru doesn't look upset at all. Or maybe he's hiding it?

"It's good that you take your time to think about your feeling for him. And I'm glad to be the first person you ask when that thing happens. Like last time at the library, I know it's too great for me to feel like this. It's seems, I can see my room for me. I feel relieved"He smiled so widely, left me speechless. Don't know how to respond for his words at all.