Part 55

"You're here"My heart beats faster when Hirata comes to my way. I message him to meet after our study end this afternoon and he's agreed for it. So, we meet at the side of the hall, but have a plan to walk when talking.

"Sorry"I can see he stares at me from beside.

"Why? I never said get troubled when you call me"But you never call or message me. What words I need to say when you're here rather than sorry? I murmured alone and sighed.

"Hope it doesn't bother your time" I looked down at the paving block which we walked on it.

"I don't have schedule. Don't worry. Cut with it, more than trouble, I'm happy with this"I gave him a little smile. That's given me a relief. I had many questions, but my mouth kept holding. Hesitant to talk.

"If you just want to walk with me, it's okay"I laughed a bit. It's lessen my tense now.

"Not really. There are things I want to say to you. Maybe some question. If that bothers you, please tell me"He smiles at me. Same like me.

"So?"

"Mmm, can I go straight with it?"I look at him again, ask his approval. But he laughed a little for it.

"You scared with my reaction? I don't eat a human"I laugh for his words.

"Then, do you know about Sakura and her boyfriend's condition now?"

"I know"Ah, so like that. I walk while looking down. Of course he knows. Well, even if it hurts hear it from him, I need to get used to it.

"You have plans for her?"

"Like what?"Why do you ask me again? It's your game, not me. I sighed.

"Well, let's assume Sakura and her boyfriend might end up broken up. What's your plan for it?"I stare at him from aside, as I monitoring his expression seems to have trouble.

"You can avoid answering it"

"No"He kept silence for a moment as we continued walking.

"Can you be honest at least?"I asked while looking down, I did that as I believe it's gotta be hard to say that while facing him

"Are you sure?"

"It's better than a lie"Now, I look away from him, enjoy the view along the way. There are many trees here but I still feel suffocated.

"Okay"I glance a bit at him. He sighed before seems wanting to continue his talking.

"Big possibility is I would confess to her. It's a normal route, right?"

"Hm"My voice sound has less spirit. What actually I expect him to say at me? Of course, that's his answer.

"You upset?"I can see how troubled his face is.

"I don't have the right. Like you say"I stopped, didn't dare to continue.

"We can just enjoy the moment. Protests are prohibited. It needs to be fun, right?"

"Who said that?"My eyes get widened. It's not like that?

"No?"He shakes his head

"Enjoy the moment. Those words mean, how to say it. It's a bit embarrassing. I mean, let's see. When we're together, I want us act like a couple"I feel taken a back. Huh? My eyes get widened while looking at him. And he himself looks away from me. I can see his ear lobe getting red. It's making me more nervous. So, I look away from him again.

"Oh"I am gulped and don't know what to say.

"Like imaginary couple? Like that?"He nodded shyly. Ah, he's cute. I looked away again after that thought came to me.

"I mean, if you want to be angry with me, you can release it and say what's the problem. I want to know how are we compatible or not"My head was spinning with his words. It's contained confused and happiness at same time. But then, that sensation gets crushed by fact that he doesn't tell me about that weekend plan at the beach.

"But you aren't tell me about your weekend plans on the beach with Sakura"

"And others. Not just her"O - okay. I taken aback when he answered my words with a fast speed.

"But Sakura's boyfriend didn't come"My tone get weaker in the end. I still don't get the answer about my question before.

"Hm. But you must know, it's not my idea. I never planned that. It's Sakura friend's idea at first, to comfort her as she doesn't seem cheerful nowadays"

"And you join them"His eyes widened when I asked that confused. It's not about Sakura's condition, it's about why does he need to join them.

"Well, they ask me. I can't say No when Sakura asked me with hopes to come with her"When he avoided my eyes while answering it, it's brought me back to my feet again. I'm not his girlfriend, Gosh!

"Ah, sorry. Give you a sudden reaction like that. You can go with them"Both of us can't look each other's eyes. Maybe like me, he wants to say more but there is no point to comfort me. Comfort, huh? I don't remember Hirata ever did that to me. He just many times makes me cry.

"No, I prefer you vocalized your concern. But I know it too myself, whatever my answer is, maybe it's unable to satisfy you"Maybe we walked too long or another circumstance, but I feel tired.

"Then can I ask you, why don't you told me about this? You can message me"For another thing too. I want to say that, but I don't have too much courage to say it.

"Then, how about this? Can you come together with me at the beach for this weekend?"Huh? I feel like my feet can't touch the ground now. Somehow my shank feels weak.

"Three of us? You, me and Sakura?"He nodded with a forced smile. I looked at him in perplexed mind. Is this offer good or bad? What if I get ostracized there? I never be their list in the first place. I just close with Hirata. And Sakura with us too. He leaves me when Sakura asks him to come last time, doesn't that mean it will happen again?

"I will wait for your answer, Maika. You can text me"Why do his words give me a sorrowful feeling? He said to text him at me now when he did have the chance before. I can't help but compared him with another guy who's come to my side now. But instead to voice this out, I prefer to give him a faint smile and hide my disappointment inside.