Part 49

"Oh gosh, it's better to hide here. How can I be trapped there?"I come in to the library with complaints to myself. Three of us need to study there, but I am like inside the war. Suguru is annoyed and he shows it well. How can he act like that? He can pretend to be a kind one, why did he must be choosing to be a jerk! It's give me tense feeling whenever Fifi tries to explain to us.

"They must be in good condition if I am not there"Being a person between them emotionally made me a bit worried. However, Fifi is a kind woman. It's just maybe for Suguru, she can act shameless like that. When I remember how Fifi's expression when she was cornered by Suguru's words, it's made me hurt too as a woman.

"Ugh, let's just study alone. I can do it!"I go to Chemistry book shelf, trying to gain material. But my step stopped. Hirata there, widened his eyes while looking at me. And then, he seems flustered by seeing me. It's giving me unpleasant feelings.

"Excuse me. I want to take some chemistry material book"

"I did the same. What to do?"You can take another book? Is it easy, right? After all, books with same category not just one available.

"Don't care about me, and just take what you want"But he took the book I want. I bite my lips and he notices my changed expression.

"You want it?"He looked at me while still holding that book. I am gulped and looking away from him.

"I will take alternatives for that"I move but he moves too. We face each other, the alley is too small. I stop moving, let him get out first. But he stopped.

"I don't like when women give up and give me what they want. I mean, it's not their task to provide anything for men"Why I think it's meant for anything else? Somehow I feels he attacked my personality.

"Sorry, for that"

"You can take this"His hands rest in the air with the book. And it's thick. I sigh.

"I said you can take it"I looked away and tried to search for another alternative. I want that book by reason of it's got a lot of exercise in it. But it's already his, so...

"I don't like take yours"

"It's a library book. There are not my name there"I pouted. Gosh, just leave me alone!!

"You such a stubborn, didn't you? You don't like people giving up and giving you a privilege?"Like what? I ask sarcastically inside. When did you give me the privilege? This is bad, I'm starting to confuse his words with my previous hurt. I have to leave here.

"Then, if you'll excuse me, I think I want to study physics first"But he blocked my way. Preventing me from leaving.

"Was it difficult, Maika?"Huh? I don't understand. His eyes looked deeply into mine. Makes me blink nervously. Suddenly, my stomach felt crushed.

"It's okay. You can accept it. I also had a lot of mistakes in the physics exam. So-"I stopped talking when he walked forward and put his hand on the wall, cornering me at the end of the alley. I can't see my front now. Uh, why do guys like to do stupid things like this. Scary.

"If you don't mind, could you move a little? I can't move if you block my way"I ask with anxious tone, although my heart keeps beating fast.

"I want to hear another answer from you. Hhhh"Hirata sighs at the end. I don't get it!

"Seems I don't satisfy your needs, so-"I looked aside

"You want me to say it?"Say what? I don't get this weird creature at all! He acts randomly like this again? Seems I need to ask senior Futaba for his weird attitude. Uh, I'm tired with his unstable manner. Maybe he got possessed by ghost, that's why he acts like this?

"Let's study together, Maika"I blinked. Why? I look around, squat a little, search for someone. He said that as a result of Sakura is not here?

"Why?"I ask, confused

"You don't want?"He seems disappointed.

"I don't say it"His eyes widened now. What a fast changes of expression!

"Then let's go! We can start with chemist"He walked ahead of me, left me who was still frozen in my place. Is this for real?

"Did you hit your head somewhere? I think you were with Sakura, the last time I checked it"He turns at me and smiles.

"You check at me?"He got a smirk now. He is - scary.

"Unintentionally. After all, you walk ahead of me"

"Hmmm"Gosh, I can feels warm sensation coming to my cheek. This is so embarrassing as a result of got caught following him!

"Let's just separate here then!"

"Hey! Sorry. I just played a bit. About Sakura"He stopped. I don't demand his answer actually, he doesn't need to explain everything to me. With those thoughts, I look away from him again.

"There are time, I don't get it why. Somehow, I feel something wrong when I am always giving her my time, when you don't get it at all"Ah. My head likes spinning now. New phenomenon again? I have many things to ask Senior Futaba now.

"But you seem okay-ish with that when walking with Suguru or other guys. It's somehow, makes me irritated"Hmm, what's that mean? I keep blinking with perplexed thoughts.

"So, where is Sakura now?"

"With other girls. Study"And he doesn't tag along. I stare at him in tangled mind. Why? Is he okay with that? What if another guy or her boyfriend comes at her?

"Until when do you want to stay there? Or do you want us sit there and study?"I look around. Library doesn't cramp. I can just see some two or three people grouped to study. But there is one person studying alone too.

"Don't you think it's safe here? No one will see us"I look at him, there is fear coming to me. Became a gossip, that's the main point.

"Why are you care with that? After all, you can sit with Suguru. It's mean, you can with me too. We are on one team at our study field trip before"He is right. So, I walk ahead, follow him from behind.

"Are you okay if Sakura knows we study together?"I said that while looking down. My words seem surprised him, so his step stopped, so did I. I look at him who faces me now.

"Maika, let's just enjoy our time together. Don't you want like that?"I gulped, then stared at him. His words made my hearts beat so loudly, but my head kept asking many questions. Is this right?