Part 57

"Maybe it's better to take a look at the book store here, isn't it?"Suguru widened his eyes while still having stick ice cream inside his mouth when I'm talking.

"What is it? You like book? I just know this"I can see one of his eyebrows raised up. I take a spoon of my ice cream again. What's wrong with that? His comment made me pouted. And he seems read my mood which is suddenly getting down.

"Oh, sorry sorry. I didn't mean to forbid you. It's just, I know this habit of yours now. What book did you like? Something like our material book in school?"

"Weeeek. Of course no. I like to read some novels, manga, whatever genre if I can. But our library doesn't have that, except about tree magazine. There are novels always revolved in our dorm, you know. From one of our teachers. One girl borrows it and we take turns borrowing it again"

"Hmm"He pays attention to whatever I say and it's making me a bit nervous. My topic is not interesting at all. Well, I don't know new gossip circulating around at our dorm too. I bet he must be bored accompanying me.

"That's not interesting, right?"He gave me a soft smile. It's almost make me surprised.

"No. Well, I like to study everything about you. Maybe it sounds cringe, but when a man likes a woman, whatever they tell us becomes so interesting"

"Does like that? Hmm, you like a book?"I ask him while still stuck a spoon of ice cream in my mouth.

"Hmm, not really. I don't like anything which fantasy"

"Book has many genres"He looked at me in silence for a few minutes.

"You want to recommend one for me?"Eh? I mean he can search that alone while reading it. I prefer to search my book alone.

"You can follow me and try to read some"

"Sounds nice"I nodded and he gave me a soft smile again.

"Maika, it's so good to know whatever you like. It's given me a happiness. Thank for letting me accompany you"Hmm. It's me who needs to thank him.

"No, it's me who needs to thank you, Suguru"He smiles again. Why does he seem happy?

-------------------------------------------------------

"Maika this is seems good"Manga? I still stand up at novel corner and he takes one manga from the book shelf at the store.

"Hm, you can read it online, you know"

"It's available online?"I walked to him and whispered to his ear.

"In illegal site, I mean"I can see he muttered 'Ah' for my word. Somehow, Suguru who doesn't know anything seems funny.

"Why are you laughing?"

"Nothing, you just seem funny by not knowing anything"He leans on the book shelf, stares at me who still takes one book which is not sealed.

"You seem happy"Well.... I look above, thinking. Reading novels is like an entertaining thing for me. I don't remember my problem with Hirata now.

"It's my hobby, I think. You need one too. So, we don't have to always suffer"Suddenly, my loneliness at that dorm before meeting with anyone at that school, like Misaki, Siri, Takagi, Suguru or Fei appeared again. How many times do I need to go buy anything alone before?

"What's wrong with your face?"Ah, I startled with Suguru question and trying to choose a book again while sighing. Gosh, this is somehow bad. Suguru keep monitoring my expression. Even now, he prefers to keep staring at me rather than choosing his book.

"Nothing. Hey, don't you want to choose one, Suguru?"

"Mmm, I prefer to take a look at you. I can choose book in our another chance, right?"He takes a peek at me for a moment while facing the front again like me. It seems like he wants to make sure we still have this chance again in the future.

"Hm, about that. I can't guarantee it"He looks away from me now while pouting. I prefer to be honest with him. But, I'm really appreciate his presence here to be honest. So, I tiptoe as he is higher than me. And landed a kiss on his cheek. After that, I keep myself busy by choosing another book after another. What did I do? He must be surprised by that, maybe he hates it? I give my backs to him, nervous to guess his reaction. Ugh, so embarrassing!! I can say a word 'thank you', but why do I kiss him instead?

"Hey, for what is that?"I can hear his voice. It's tremble a bit? Did it break his mood?

"Sorry"I said that while still give him my backs. But he pulled my arm and made me face him.

"Why did you say that after kissing me?"He widened his eyes when staring at me. He seems like startled but curious at the same time.

"Maybe it's trouble you"I looked down, as he still held onto my arms.

"Are you crazy? Trouble? I feel happy to be honest"I look at him now. His face bit blushed and he took a peek at me many times.

"Really?"He nodded while covering half of his face.

"You ever kissed Takagi like this?"Huh?

"NO!"

"Good"He let go my arms now.

"Why did you think like that?"

"I heard rumours when first year. You kissed Takagi on his cheek"My eyes got bigger.

"Of course No! That time, I was just curious about whether he liked me or not"

"You curious? Doesn't that mean you have a hope he likes you?"I bite my lips. Dunno. I'm thinking hard, doesn't it like that in the past?

"Well, that understandable. Girls in dorm keep talking about having a lover or not. So, maybe I think he has something for me. But the gossip keeps spreading with false rumors. To be honest, I don't even know what the rumours are spreading between me and him. And yeah, I'm already upset about that"I look at Suguru and he just silently pays attention at me.

"Why don't you like me instead?"Huh?

"What's that mean?"I am frowned.

"If you likes me even for a bit, I will come to you without you asking me. I am so stupid in our first year. I need to replace Takagi's place instead"I am stunned by his answer and automatically look away. His word just too bold.

"I never chase a man. I will look at people who show up first at me. It's always like that. At middle high school, I thought like that too"

"There is a boy who likes you at that time?"I looked at Suguru for a mere moment and thought about 'that guy'. Yeah, there are. Maybe he's already had a replacement for me. As he never tried to contact me.

"That's just a short time. He confessed and said it himself about we would be a couple at high school. But, I'm here and we never exchange a contact as I don't have a cellphone at my middle high school"

"It's a relief"I stare at Suguru in shock. Why does he be grateful for that?

"It's good you wouldn't be in the same high school as him. And it's the best choice you came at this school and I found you. Forget him!!"What is that? A command? I wonder why does his face seem so serious?

"Well, he never contacted me too. If he got serious, he would search for me"

"Yeah, he's just a scumbag. Don't think about him anymore!"Both of us faces at same side now. I glance at him in wonder feeling. I thought again about what Suguru told me. He's not at the 'scumbag' level for sure, but he's just not as persistent as I think. It's better to accept Suguru's idea, forget man like him.

"By the way"I look at him now, he talks without looking at me.

"Thank you for the kiss. I can't sleep tonight as I'm too happy for that"I can even see his ear lobe even get redder.

"As my thanks. You took care of me so well today. I am grateful for that. But you need to sleep!!"

"I would try"Gosh, this is embarrassing.