2. Got selected

In a villa in the suburbs

"So, Ohm, whom do you want? " Yacht handed a glass of wine to the man on the recliner.

The man uncrosses his long legs and takes the glass of wine from his manager. Yacht sat down opposite him.

"Ohm, you have to make a choice as soon as possible. The whole crew is waiting for your response. It's been about a month since the audition happened. They have to announce the results. The rest of the cast has been confirmed. If you are unable to make a decision, just tell me. We will let the crew do it for you."

Yacht was trying to frame sentences to persuade Ohm to make a decision.

He had heard about the rumours spreading inside the crew against Ohm. The rumours claimed that Ohm was misusing his authority as an investor and was being highly unprofessional and picky as an actor. As Ohm's manager, he didn't want anyone to have a negative impression of Ohm.

Yacht took a deep breath as he looked at Ohm who was sipping wine with a calm expression.

"You know that this project is going to be a new milestone for our company... "

"Here. This one", Ohm passed his tablet to his anxious manager.

"What? You made your choice!!! Let me see... Let me see..."

Yacht couldn't control his excitement as he grabbed the tablet from Ohm.

Ohm sipped the wine as he opened the glass door of the balcony, enjoying the night view.

Yacht looked at the tablet and then at the man in front of him. He readjusted his specs before taking a look at the tablet again.

"But... Who is this?" Yacht was befuddled.

"Fluke, Fluke Natouch. He is one of the popular new faces in the music industry. He officially debuted just about a year ago. He released a few songs last year and all of them were hits. He is an artist under BNC entertainment.", Ohm slowly stood up.

"Oh yes. I have heard of him. But Ohm, this is not a singing competition, it's acting...We need an actor, not a singer." Yacht couldn't get what Ohm was trying to imply. "And what about the shortlisted actors? None of them are good enough?"

"Yes, they are good but none of them suit the role." Ohm sipped his wine.

"But why him??? He didn't even audition for the role" Yacht was close to pulling his hair.

"Exactly my point. He is a singer who auditioned for a support role. Among all the actors that had been short-listed, most of them have already been in several series and have set an image in the hearts of the audience already. Fluke will be a new face in the industry. This industry always welcomes fresh faces."

Yacht felt like he was about to faint hearing Ohm's words.

"But Ohm, we already have Boun as a new face, and you... This is your first romantic series, and that too is a BL. Casting him is really risky..."

"Did I just hear someone mention my name? " A tall blonde walked in, interrupting the duo.

"Boun, it's good that you are here. Look at the person he chose. He wants to cast a singer as his partner. That too was someone who didn't even audition for the role. This kid has no acting experience whatsoever." Yacht complained to the newcomer.

No matter how naughty Boun was, Yacht found him as the most reliable person in the current situation.

"Just chill P'. Take a few deep breaths. Breath in... Breath out... Breath in... Breath out... Ho... Now let me see who it is." Boun reached out to the tablet with a smirk. 

"Wow! Who is this cutie? Ohm, I never thought you would have such good taste in men " Boun teased Ohm, only to get ignored.

"Isn't he the one who sang 'make you smile'?" Boun was surprised. "My assistant is a huge fan of his. She always goes around singing his songs. I heard them so many times that I know most of their lyric by heart" He lamented. "Every time he goes live, I hear her screaming and blushing. It makes me sometimes doubt my charm."

Boun's reaction was opposite to what Yacht had expected.

"Boun, be serious. This is the main role we are talking about. As someone with no acting experience, even casting him in a support role can be risky."

Ohm stood there silently listening to the two people in front of him. Boun went through all the contents of the tablet.

"Is this his audition video? He has done a good job. I have also watched his MVs, his acting wasn't bad." Boun was supportive of Ohm's idea.

"Acting in an MV and acting in a series are completely different concepts" Yacht felt his voice turning hoarse.

"I think Ohm is right P'." Boun interrupted.

"Do you know the influence he has on youngsters, especially ladies? They would literally die for him. As you said, the series is mostly aimed at teenagers, especially women, so having him act would bring a lot of viewership. If you are so against him being Ohm's partner, then he can be mine. He looks so damn cute." Boun took a wine glass and filled it with wine.

"Your partner has already been decided Boun. You yourself are a newbie when it comes to acting. I heard from your acting coach that you skipped your lessons yesterday day" Ton, Boun's manager, walked over and snatched the glass of wine from Boun. He poured a glass of water and passed it back to Boun.

"Remember you have a photo shoot early morning tomorrow" Ton warned.

"Ho... Phi... A glass of wine wouldn't kill. I have been working out these days. I'm sure that I am fit for the photoshoot tomorrow." Boun pleaded.

"No means no. Even your doctor says you have to control your alcohol consumption. I am doing this for your own good. So, stop thinking about it." Ton rejected Boun cold-heartedly. Boun pouted hearing Ton's words.

"Let's go on with Ohm's choice. I trust his instincts", Kao, the CEO of SZ Entertainment and Ohm-Boun's elder cousin, joined the conversation.

"Swadee Khrab, Khun Kao" Yacht bowed to his boss.

"Swadee Khrab, P' Yacht. If you think that his acting is not good enough, then he can take acting lessons with Boun. Technically, he is also our artist. So, investing in him rather than investing in actors who are not under us is better. Right?"

Seeing that everyone was supporting Ohm, Yacht decided not to argue.

"Khrab, Khun Kao. I will go make arrangements with the crew." Yacht said as he bowed to his boss.

"I have mailed you the results of the research I have done on this guy. You can use it to convince the crew if necessary" Ohm put down his tablet.

"Khrab"

Yacht bowed and left to make phone calls.

Ton followed him giving the three cousins privacy