67. I quit

Fluke was sitting on the couch looking at his shoes as he fiddled with the hem of his shirt. Ohm was sitting next to him glancing at him every now and then.

Boun, Prem and Earth were opposite them staring at them as if they wanted to drill holes into the duo’s heads.

“If he had applied ice on it, it wouldn’t have been so prominent,” Fluke mumbled referring to the huge bluish-purple bruise on Ohm’s face.

“WHY THE HECK DID YOU PUNCH IN THE FIRST PLACE?” Earth shouted at Fluke.

Fluke flinched a little feeling guilty.
“I didn’t mean to.” Fluke’s voice was so low that it sounded like a whisper.

“What did you say?” Earth wanted to beat the crap out of Fluke.

Ohm was supposed to have photoshoots on the following days. But because of the bruise that couldn’t even be hidden under layers of foundation, they had to postpone it to a later date.

“I said I didn’t mean to do it. I am sorry.” Fluke said clenching his shorts.

Yesterday, after the party, Earth had left without him. Sammy was picked up by her boyfriend and BounPrem were going home together. He was left behind.

Fluke was emotionally and physically drained due to all the things that had been around him. He badly wanted to rest, shutting out the whole world.

He had called for a designated driver when Ohm appeared in front of him. Ohm was the last person he wanted to see in his current situation. He had pushed Ohm away who came to him saying that they needed to talk.

Fluke was in no mood or condition to have a ‘talk’ with Ohm. He denied Ohm’s request and tried to walk past him.

But Ohm was stubborn and kept blocking his way. Fluke got annoyed when Ohm lost patience and lifted him up and threw him over the shoulder like a rice sack.

Fluke hated being treated like that. He hated it when someone forced him to do something he didn’t want to. He tried to wiggle out of Ohm’s grip.

As strong as Ohm was, it was not an easy task for Fluke to get out of the iron claw.
The more he struggled the angrier he become.

On finally being able to touch the ground, Fluke turned into hulk mode and punched Ohm straight in his face in anger.

Even after the punch Fluke’s rage had not subsided, he even yelled at Ohm to get out of his life and never show up again.

Thankfully there was no one around or else their fight would have already turned into a huge scandal.

The designated driver arrived and Fluke left in his car leaving Ohm behind in the parking lot.

“You didn’t mean it? What do you mean by ‘you didn’t mean it’? Just take a look at his face. Does this look like ‘you didn’t mean it’?” Earth’s blood pressure was raising as he uttered each word.

“Nothing like this would have happened if you had not ditched me last night and run off to have fun all by yourself.” Fluke was not in a good mood either. He didn’t like the accusing tone in which Earth was talking to him. “You knew that I was drunk. Yet, you left me behind.”

“What does that have to do with you punching him? He just wanted to talk to you.” Earth was on the verge of losing it.

“And I didn’t want him to. I didn’t want to talk to him. Neither did I want to see him. Alright. I clearly told him I didn’t want to. But he insisted on standing in my way.” Fluke said pointing the figure at Ohm.

Ohm was looking at Fluke.

After having a discussion with Boun about the turmoil going on inside his head, Ohm came to the conclusion that it would be better if he communicate with Fluke before taking a step further. He had gone downstairs from the private room only to see that Fluke was drinking and dancing, having the best time of his life.

Fluke’s behaviour had irked Ohm, but he decided to not let it affect his judgement and patiently waited for Fluke to be done.

When the party was over, Boun had asked everyone to leave Ohm and Fluke alone so they could talk and sort things out. No one would have imagined that Fluke would be unwilling to talk to him much less listen to a single word he wanted to say.

As desperate as he was, Ohm had used force on Fluke, trying to get him to sit down and listen to him for a while which had in turn worsened the condition.

Ohm felt like a thousand arrows were piercing his heart at a time when he heard Fluke say that he hated him and did not wish to see him again in his life.

Ohm didn’t complain even when Fluke punched him. He could have easily dodged the punch. But he stood there and let Fluke punch him as he had made a stupid decision regarding them without consulting Fluke.

Ohm just wanted Fluke to sit down and have a nice chat and resolve the issues between them.

Ohm snapped back into reality when he heard Fluke yell at Earth.

“WHY SHOULD I TALK TO HIM WHEN HE WANTS TO? HE HAD BEEN TREATING ME LIKE SHIT EVER SINCE HE RETURNED AND NO ONE COMPLAINED ABOUT THAT. NO ONE SAID ANYTHING ABOUT THE ATTITUDE HE WAS GIVING ME THE PAST FEW DAYS. NOW I AM DOING THE SAME EVERYONE HAS A PROBLEM? THEN NOBODY REMEMBERED WE HAVE TO WORK TOGETHER? WHY? BECAUSE HE IS ELDER THAN ME? OR BECAUSE HE IS MORE FAMOUS THAN ME? THEN FINE.” Fluke was breathing heavily in rage.

“THEN FINE. I TOO HAVE NO INTEREST IN WORKING WITH HIM ANYMORE. I QUIT. EARTH YOU ARE FREE TO DO ANYTHING YOU WANT. YOU DON’T HAVE TO BABYSIT ME ANYMORE. YOU CAN RUN OFF WITH ANYONE. I WOULDN’T STAND IN YOUR WAY.” Fluke left the room slamming the door behind him.
Silence filled the room.

Boun and Prem were afraid to even breathe out loud.

This was the first time Boun had witnessed Fluke losing his temper like this. It was way scarier than he thought.

He had always believed that Prem and the others were exaggerating when they said that the angry Fluke was scary. But having experienced it first-hand, Boun understood that the little cute boy can be a dynamite when he is angry.

Prem slowly rubbed Earth back as the latter started crying “How could he say that? Don’t I mean anything to him? Our friendship is nothing to him?”

“You know how Fluke is. He is just upset that you are taking P’ Ohm’s side on this matter.” Prem said wiping Earth’s tears.

“I am not taking P’ Ohm’s side. I was just saying that what he did was wrong.” Earth sobbed.

“Those words were not directed at you Earth.” Ohm finally spoke up. “They were directed at me. He is angry with me for not talking to him for the last few days.”

“Just let him calm down and then have a talk with him. I’m sure he will listen to you.” Prem patted Earth.